x

Wireless Android Barcode Scanner Please!

I want to be able to use a wireless barcode scanner with an android tablet running square.

Thanks!

For more information about my specific trouble, see the following:

My Dilema:

I am currently using a honeywell 1200g, which works GREAT for my small barcodes.  It is a HIGH DENSITY barcode scanner designed to handle small barcodes.  I want a wireless version.  According to a conversation with Square customer service,  the wireless version of this scanner (Honeywell 1202g) will not work with Square's app.  

I have tried a wireless barcode scanner listed on the approved barcode scanner list (Socket Mobile 7ci) , but it could not read my barcodes because they were too small for it to read.  And it doesn't work with Android, either.

Tech Specs:

I have barcodes that take up about a 0.25" by 0.5" space.  Code 128.

I'm running an Android Tablet (S9)

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

@Echo1

We'll be sure to look at this as a Feature Request. At this time we do not manufacture the barcode scanners. It is 3rd party hardware that is made to function with the App. Perhaps Best Buy or Amazon could direct you to a Barcode scanner that may work with the system you are running?

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 6

I'd love a wireless barcode scanner for my Square ipad/Apple system!

Message 3 of 6

Also, where do we learn about acceptable outside resources that will work with existing Square hardware?

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @TylerKing080105,

The only tested/compatible hardware with our POS systems are the accessories listed under them on the Shop.

I wouldn't be able to advise anything outside of that since it would be untested and we couldn't guarantee it would work.  

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

Seriously. I can't believe this is still not supported! This is just a software issue, not a hardware availability issue (I'm a developer).

Message 6 of 6