x

POS CSV Bulk Image Upload

I raised this POS feature request 3 years ago:

I have a suggestion for the 'Items' / 'Import Library' function. In order to speed up the process of adding images for items in the catalogue, it is possible to provide a link to the appropriate image file located on a PC. Could this image location be used to ftp the image to the server when importing the library. I have an excel spreadsheet ready to go if you want an example, and the following line is from the header of an example spreadsheet:

Token, Item Name, Description, Category ,SKU, Variation, Name, Price, New Quantity, Location 1 Enabled, Location 2 Enabled, Location 1 Enabled, Image Source

The Image Source column would then hold the location for the product image located on the users PC - eg C:\Product Images\PRODUCT-1.jpg

I think this would be a great improvement that all of your POS clients would appreciate.

The response to this request (Case #: 31665080) was 'I think this is a great idea though! Weโ€™re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so Iโ€™ll pass your request off to our Product team.'

Since then I regularly checked with the community to see many users making similar requests for bulk upload of images for POS, but could see no progress so gave up looking. Thought I'd check if any progress today, couldn't find any POS bulk upload requests/issues - only a similar request for bulk image uploading for customers selling online.

With an average of 1600 products, and with images changing at times, its not worth the struggle of going through each product one by one.

Any news guys?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @HunkyDory, thank you for checking in.

At the moment, we do not have an update on when the feature to bulk upload images will be available. I really appreciate your patience. I know this is a popular feature request so I'll follow up when I have an update to share. 

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content