x
Square

[New] Archive Items on Square for Retail

Hi Sellers! 👋

Archive items from your Square Dashboard to make managing your item catalog and inventory reports easier than ever. 

You and your staff can now designate items to ‘Archive’ status to keep your item history, and view your catalog and inventory reports with simplicity. 

• Never worry about deleting items again — quickly change multiple items’ status to Archive one-at-a-time or in bulk 

• Easily filter your catalog and reports to remove archived items from view

• After archiving unneeded items, get relevant and actionable Low Stock Alerts and Auto PO recommendations

And if you ever need to bring an item back, simply unarchive it. To begin, visit Items and navigate to your Item Library. Follow step-by-step instructions here. 

💡 Note: You can manage archived items from Square POS, Square Appointments Point of Sale, and Square Retail POS. Archived items are not available on Square Restaurants POS app. 

To try out Square for Retail features for free, get started here.

Message 1 of 31
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Hi @hopemajor and @lostislandwine ,

Unfortunately, Archive Items will not be available for RST sellers until 2024. Stay tuned!

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Heather_H  - Thanks for following up on this thread👋 There is a bit of a caveat to this so I'm sharing this info for any other Sellers who may be experiencing this as well:

Even if you are on Square for Retail, Appointments, or the standard Point of Sale, if you have an active Square for Restaurants free subscription, the Archive feature won't be available for your account because this is essentially overriding your other subscriptions that do allow the Archive feature.

If you wish to unsubscribe from Square for Restaurants free, you'll need to contact our Support Team so they can do this manually from their end for you. Then, you'll be able to utilize the Archive feature.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Super Seller

This is FANTASTIC! We have thousands of products on our item list, a few hundred of which we will no longer carry. Being able to archive them for historical reasons without deleting them will be excellent!

Message 2 of 31
Beta Member

FANTASTIC!  This will definitely clean up our inventory.  Thanks Square!

Question.  I am not seeing the "Item Status" column when I export my item library.

Message 3 of 31
Square

The Item Status column on Item Library export is coming very soon!

Message 4 of 31
Beta Member

Thanks for letting me know!

Message 5 of 31
Super Seller

Can't wait to put this to use.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 6 of 31
Beta Member

I noticed this feature was announced today but my dashboard still doesn't allow me to archive items. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on?

Message 7 of 31

Same. This is a great feature if we could actually use it!

Message 8 of 31
Square

Best Answer

Hi @hopemajor and @lostislandwine ,

Unfortunately, Archive Items will not be available for RST sellers until 2024. Stay tuned!

Message 9 of 31
Beta Member

We are a Square for Retail user and I am not seeing the option to archive items in my dashboard.

In fact, when I select one or more items in my item library the Actions menu grays out and I am unable to open the drop-down menu to perform any bulk actions. If no items are selected I can open the Actions drop-down menu for other bulk actions, but there is not an Archive option.

Would love to use this feature.

Message 10 of 31

Best Answer

Hi @Heather_H  - Thanks for following up on this thread👋 There is a bit of a caveat to this so I'm sharing this info for any other Sellers who may be experiencing this as well:

Even if you are on Square for Retail, Appointments, or the standard Point of Sale, if you have an active Square for Restaurants free subscription, the Archive feature won't be available for your account because this is essentially overriding your other subscriptions that do allow the Archive feature.

If you wish to unsubscribe from Square for Restaurants free, you'll need to contact our Support Team so they can do this manually from their end for you. Then, you'll be able to utilize the Archive feature.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 31
Beta Member

Is this feature available and working yet?

I contacted the Support Team to cancel my Restaurants free subscription and was informed that it has already been cancelled but I still don't have access to the Archive feature. 

Message 12 of 31

Hello @hopemajor, I am inquiring about this release date for New Archive Items on Restaurants with our team. I will let you know when I have more insight. 

Message 13 of 31

I will be honest, I did not clear date of when this will be available this year @hopemajor.  I know waiting for a feature isn't easy and appreciate your patience! 

Message 14 of 31

Looking forward to the archive feature coming for Restaurants!

Message 15 of 31
Super Seller

Thank You, We have a lot of seasonal items and this will help with the clutter.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 16 of 31
Beta Member

Neat, in addition though:

I would like to archive item variations. 

I would like to archive discounts. 

Message 17 of 31
Beta Member

When I archive items in dashboard, they still show up when we scan the UPC in Square for Retail. Is this by design? If so, Archiving doesn't do anything for us. My employees are still able to scan and sell archived items. Doesn't make any sense.

Message 18 of 31

I am having the same issue, did anyone follow up on this?

Message 19 of 31

I am having the same issue, did you figure it out or did anyone follow up?

Message 20 of 31
Beta Member

No, I haven't had anyone reply or help with this. 

Message 21 of 31