x
Admin

How did you come up with the name of your business? 💭

Hiiii Seller Community! 

Here with another question of the week!

How did you come up with the name of your business? Is there a story behind it? Have you ever thought of changing it? 

question giphy.gif

Feel free to share your business name, how you came up with it and your logo too if you want! 💕 We look forward to reading your replies

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

Our kids helped us come up with the name, and our daughter drew the logo. She is a great artist, and has even come up with an updated logo picture. 

I do appreciate any and all feedback that you or anyone else may have.

Have a great day!

Message 2 of 264
Admin

Thanks @WolfMama77! Thanks for the reply 😊

What is your business name? If you want to attach your logo for feedback, you can select the insert photo option:

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 3 of 264

Our Company name is Lancaster downtown deli. I used s.e.o words to create the name. I designed the logo using an on-line logo design site. Chose the colors using an on-line site that shows how people respond to certain colors.

Message 4 of 264

I started my business in memory of my son. He had foxes on everything. So we started Fox Towing.

Message 5 of 264

The name of my company is Max Creations. Max is the reason my company came about. I went from Hair Stylist to Stay at home dog Mom in the blink of an eye. Maximus is my furbabies name. My company makes handmade products and accessories for pets.

Message 6 of 264
Beta Member

I love my family so much, and there are 8 of us.... My husband can always tell when I've had enough noise or when I need some me time, he always asks me "You straight baby?" We have 6 kids and I'm constantly telling their lazy booties, "I'm not your maid!" So when I decided to open up my maid service,

I came up with "Maid Straight"  cleaning service. It made sense and stuck out. Cause God knows I was made, "Straight Maid" after all these youngins!!🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Message 7 of 264

My instructor actually gave me the idea one afternoon when I stayed after to make up some class time I’d missed because of my participation in Skills USA, which he pushed me into the 2nd week of class. He’s from Laos and we were talking about the tea he was drinking while I made a fresh pot of coffee for myself. He was explaining how that tea company came up with its name. The name was catchy and combined a few letters from their country & a few from the owners name. I played with it a while, being from California and it being a big part of me, “Cali” was definitely a good fit with my personality.
But I was at the lowest point in my life at the time and jewelry making was the only thing that kept me from sinking deeper into the abyss of chronic unemployment, depression, anxiety, and homelessness. Even though I’ve been a maker since 2005, and started selling my jewelry in 2007, I wasn’t fully committed or confident of my skills and I went back to school. What I learned on my own up to 2015 was now being strengthened and recognized by beginners in class and acknowledged by our instructor and myself. Now “Jewels” are my trade and I am more confident in myself, but I’m no longer in Cali, that spelling no longer sat right. The name had been Simply Katie’s in my early days evolving into SK Wire Jewelry later on. God has been better than good to me through all of my struggles and I am now KaLy Jewels 

Message 8 of 264

IMG_0052.jpeg20200916_144325_Original.jpeg

Message 9 of 264
Super Seller

Yes what Olive said. Show us the logo, please. 

Message 10 of 264
Super Seller Alumni

We came up with the name of our business out of a desire to be inclusive of the three communities that make up our metro area.

RRZ logo maroon New.png

Message 11 of 264
Beta Member

Absolutely 🇺🇸❤️🎉👍👍👍

Message 12 of 264
Super Seller

Hello @isabelle !

When I was researching my coffee shop idea, the industry was right in the heart of the “third space” idea—where people are looking for a spot to gather that wasn’t home or the office. With that in mind, I wanted to create a space that was warm, relaxing, and somewhere you could go to forget about the real world for a while. R&R came naturally after that. 

DAA17475-4ECF-45C6-B319-78023E961A2B.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

A few years after opening, my roasted coffee business was gaining quite a few wholesale accounts. I decided that I needed to spin it off into its own entity. This name was a little harder to come by. 
One evening, I was working on some paperwork in our dining area while a big thunderstorm was overhead. As it rained, the sun set below the level of the clouds, casting a vibrant golden color over everything in the store. I stepped outside and saw the biggest tree on our property bathed in the same golden glow. Golden Pine Roasters was created. 🙂 

DD27D4FF-9B78-4F8E-B3C7-9B66A2D03E4B.jpeg

Would I change them? Probably not. We’ve been around long enough to where everyone knows us as “the R&R” so any change would mess with some minds. The roasterie is starting to really stand on its own now too, so I don’t want to change things there either. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 13 of 264
Alumni

I really dig the meaning behind both names, reading through these is a fun window into your lives and businesses... A deeper dive than we might usually get.

@ryanwanner - When I look at the golden pine logo and read the story, I swear I can smell coffee.

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 14 of 264
Super Seller

That looks like a cozy place to curl up with a hot coffee or hot chocolate and nap (I mean read a book)! Nice place!

Message 15 of 264

Good for you! R&R is perfect for a coffee shop name. And it sounds very much like you offer some extra R&R to everyone that passes through your threshold.

Message 16 of 264
Super Seller

Names and logos:  The Riverview is named after the building it is located in.  This was my first ever designed logo and I just wanted something clean that incorporated blue and green for river and trees.  Order Up Café was a bazillion different names till we landed on the name and then designed the logo to emphasize the up and the city of Knoxville with the iconic skyline of the sun sphere.  Tombras Café was a specific operation for an advertising agency and represents  very clean and modern.

The last one city county cafe was to represent an abstract sandwich but still clean lines.  The key to all my names and logos were easy to remember and use web domain names.  What good is a great name if you can't get a great web domain?

logo combined food knoxville 2.jpgoriginal - city county - web (1).png

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 17 of 264
Admin

Fantastic and pretty unique business names. I really like the logos - the City County Cafe in particular 🥪 

Thanks for sharing @Donnie-M 😊

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 18 of 264
Alumni

🍞I like my logos minimalist and my sandwiches maximalist 🍞

Aaron Weiss
Message 19 of 264

I once worked for a start-up company named, The Corporation. Stupidest company name I've ever heard of...  NOBODY knew what we did. Was it a security firm? A software company? A company run by the...well, you know. BTW, it was a 2nd rate software company that was doomed from the start. From then on, I knew if I ever had to choose a company name, the name would say it all...

Our biz name IV Airport Shuttle, represents exactly the area we cover (IV for Illinois Valley in North Central Illinois) and exactly what we do (Airport Shuttles to O'Hare, Midway and four other smaller regional airports). We toyed with names that were cute, catchy, funny, etc., but all were forgettable, we thought. The name has worked tremendously well for us. *Eight years later, we're doing great!

Message 20 of 264
Alumni

Love it! A straightforward name like this is an advertisement for your own business, no need to add frills to complicate things. Fun names aren't the end of the world, but I would imagine you've gained hundreds of customers just by seeing your cars with the exact identifier of what you do out on the road.

Aaron Weiss
Message 21 of 264