x
Admin

How did you come up with the name of your business? 💭

Hiiii Seller Community! 

Here with another question of the week!

How did you come up with the name of your business? Is there a story behind it? Have you ever thought of changing it? 

question giphy.gif

Feel free to share your business name, how you came up with it and your logo too if you want! 💕 We look forward to reading your replies

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

A line in a movie I watched EIGHT years ago!! It’s always made me and my husband smile every time one of us says it. During the pandemic I knew we had to start building our business or wouldn’t happen. So while living in a hotel we decided that us and the world needed “Encouragement(s).”

Message 253 of 264

Tiny C Crafts

My name starts with a C and so does my brother's name. We both played the same sports in high school and a teammate started calling me Tiny Carlita (my name isn't Carlita, but is a reference to my brother's name lol) but then it was shortened to Tiny C because I am shorter and younger. I opened an online shop 14 years ago that was called Tiny C's Rosaries because that's all I sold but I decided to change it to Crafts since I had acquired sewing, crocheting, and knitting skills throughout the years.

As for my logos, my first one was just a modified picture that my friend took of me in my plague doctor costume when she was starting out her photography business and the second one is from a small business friend who does cute artwork, it was changed because I wanted to reflect the spooky and cute inventory I have (although, I do have other stuff but the majority is spooky themed).

Edit: the new logo has a computer because my degree and certification are in the IT field

Bright logo.jpgproject_20220322_2125423-01.jpg

Message 254 of 264

Even when I'm feeling negative, I try to repond to situations with positivity....the sunny side of life......therefore, Sunny Side Creations (it helps that my favorite flower is teh sunflower and I could incorporate that into my logo).

Message 255 of 264
Beta Member

So much thought went it to it. i was looking for something catchy but memorable. a name people could spell and pronounce.  I choose part of the name because of keyword popularity (Trendy) and also because it fits the last part of the business name perfectly to match who I am (maverick) and what my goals are. I was always the girl beating to the tune of her own drum. I was different, unique and creative. I didn't always see those qualities as a positive though. Over the years I grew to embrace my individuality. I would like to inspire young girls to be themselves, like what they like ,do what they love and create their own style and be confident leaders. Their own unique way of being and their different sense of style can become a fashionable trend if they choose to .. be it.. love it...own it. 

Message 256 of 264

A friend and I came up with it in 30mins after discussing let sell coloring books with the pictures you take with the photography you do! Her name n mine both start with the A and then we create our own materials to color so that is how creations got at the end! 

Message 257 of 264
Beta Member

My small business focus on providing a Customizable and Personalized products as a service. Example is Print On Demand services .

I wanted to ensure my audience a creative and unique experience that they could only imagine the possibilities. Thus Imagine ThisNThat LLC was born. 

Message 258 of 264

Hey my name is Moesha and I’m a Licensed Esthetician . I came up with the name of my business ( SKN Addiction) from wanting something simple but catchy and realistic. I had a women’s boutique at first named Addiction but I wanted to pursue esthetics and changed it to SKN Addiction and I loveee it . I’m based in Atlanta! Find me on social media @sknaddiction 🌸😘

Message 259 of 264

I came up with my business name when I was pregnant with my second child. My first is Max and one day my mum was throwing around ideas and said "Max & Co" and boom, it stuck! Feels super personal as well!

Message 260 of 264
Beta Member

I just want to turn violence into something creative. People don't need to be acting irrational if instead they can create something beautiful. 

Message 261 of 264
Beta Member

I took mine & my husbands first initial of our last names! 

Message 262 of 264
Beta Member

I just used my initials and the type of service that I offer

Tasha Jones
Message 263 of 264
Super Seller

It was sort of hard for me to come up with a business name.  I took two totally different words and put them together to make Willow Sky.  I also wanted a name that was not too stuck to a certain item or product so I could pivot and change though out time. 

Message 264 of 264