x
Admin

How did you come up with the name of your business? 💭

Hiiii Seller Community! 

Here with another question of the week!

How did you come up with the name of your business? Is there a story behind it? Have you ever thought of changing it? 

question giphy.gif

Feel free to share your business name, how you came up with it and your logo too if you want! 💕 We look forward to reading your replies

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

My daughter helped me come up with the name for my business years ago. She ask me if I ever had a business what would I call it and I told her I didn't know. She said I think Mamanaes would be a good name.

Message 211 of 264

A while back we created a cool APP but didn't do much selling it, so we shelved it. We loved the name, sound, and how short it was, so that's what we decided to call our agency = TapClcikGo

We live in California, our state animal is the Grizzly Bear and 1 of our colors is Gold. Because we can work remotely anywhere in the world, we made our logo a bear standing on the world, gold color 😀 

Message 212 of 264
Super Seller

We wanted something to reflect what we thought our company would be, Old Fashion Candy Store. We tossed around a few names an landed on Mamie’s Toffee our designer took it to another level for us. 

Message 213 of 264

Denim DuOvers is a couple of friends who love to thrift and craft with denim, thus the "do-over" pun. We recycle, epicycle, repurpose denim into pillows, potholders, aprons, jewelry, patches, stuffies, and lots more!

Message 214 of 264
Super Seller

Honestly, square kinda did it for me! In Direct Sales we can only call ourselves an Independent Consultant to the company. I dropped my last name because it's hard for everyone to spell and used my middle name Grace instead. So I was always Sammy Grace - Independent Scentsy Consultant. When I got square, part of setting up the business was a name for receipts (and what show on customer bank statements). Sammy Grace - Independent Scentsy Consultant was too long so I went with Sammy Grace Scentsy. I wanted people to recognize the charge on their statement so no risk of chargebacks. One of our compliance rules I learned was we can't have "Scentsy" in our name without Independent Consultant so I dropped the y and poof like magic my business name was formed! I was playing around on Canva about a year ago and decided to try and create a new logo and came up with this:

Copy of Sammy Grace Scents.png

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 215 of 264

One year I was returning to a venue that I had been at the previous year. A customer saw my table from a distance, and when they got close, they exclaimed " Oh good, The Bankman is here". Up to that point, I didn't have a monicker. I liked the name, and have used it ever since.

The Bankman

Message 216 of 264

Business name is the first initial from my kids and I middle name. Since it's a family business and our DBA's are our nicknames. 

Business: JIV Shops

DBA: Porky Stylz

DBA: Gloss with Lai

DBA: Bougie Rentals

DBA: Fogle's Mobile Notary (our last name)

Message 217 of 264
Super Seller

@isabelle 

I just use my own personal name.

7893A65F-FBA3-4287-B9DC-C31EC2C695FB.jpeg

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 218 of 264

It hit me in the shower where all good (and disastrous) ideas are hatched.

Message 219 of 264

Lakissha's Therapeutic MUsic is named after owner and is based on playlists created based upon being therapeutic to owner and this is OUR business. We Love Music

Message 220 of 264
Beta Member

About 10 years ago, my mom and I were just crafting for fun but as more of our friends and family started asking us to make things for them, we decided to create a FB page just for fun where we could both post our creations in the same spot instead of us each just posting pictures on our personal pages. We were on vacation, sitting in an RV at the beach, just having fun never really intending for it to be a business. It was only meant to be a more convenient digital photo album of sorts.

We had to come up with a name to be able to create the fb page but had absolutely ZERO idea of what to call it. With no inspiration hitting us for something clever or witty, we went with Double V Designs just to get it done and be able to move on to the next step in setting up the page. The Double V was to reflect our last initial and that it was the two of us together. Boring as all get out, I know. But it stuck. We eventually decided to create a business and "go legit" and at that point we felt like we were stuck with it so we kept it. I honestly would love to rebrand and change everything up, but now after 10 years that seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth. Our logo has evolved a bit over the years but the one thing that has remained constant was the inclusion of a purple iris in one form or another -- the flower has sentimental significance for our family and will continue to be incorporated in one way or another whether we rebrand or not.

Message 221 of 264
Super Seller

We initially just called our home bakery "Savage" -- which is our last name, but also a fun juxtaposition to what we were making, which was vegan baked goods. When we opened our brick-and-mortar, we rebranded to Savage Goods, to imply the dry goods store/shop around the corner feel that would encompass the variety of products we planned on selling. 

Savage-Logo.jpg

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 222 of 264

I sell Tupperware, years ago when my son was small, he thought up the name for my business. Linda's Little Wonders..since the wonderlier bowl is the original product still in the catalog today he took that and said Linda's Little Wonders Tupperware! He was so smart even then. Now, he is 48 years old!

Message 223 of 264

I came up with the name for my business because I wanted something simple that described who we are and what we do.  I originally attempted a different name, but it wasn't allowed due to being too close to another business name.  That turned out to be a blessing, because I feel that the new name is better.  We are a hiring event planning business, so I wanted something that expressed that we are a place that connects employers with job seekers, and vise versa.  I also wanted to express that our purpose was about moving people to a higher plain and improving their outlook.  Based off that idea I thought of "higher point", then because we are all about careers, I edited it to "HirePoint."

Message 224 of 264

400JpgdpiLogo.jpg

Thought I would add my logo

Message 225 of 264

I said I wanted to be the person everyone comes to and have to be on top of the nail game so for there i am the nail plug 

Message 226 of 264

I wanted a name that was inclusive and that stayed true to my mission. I want to make every body feel like a boss after their nail appointments so that they can shine bright and make others happy. 

Message 227 of 264

When I needed a name to register with the Secretary of State, I sat down with a word processor and just started writing down every name I  could think of. After a  page or two of that, I hit on one that I thought was the perfect one. For a logo, I just used the name in one of the fonts of the word processor that I thought looked fairly good. It has the advantages of being fairly rate, so it doesn't look too much like any other font people see regularly, and it's easy to scale to whatever size I need.

Message 228 of 264

I came up with the name because I’m a hair stylist…. Styles By Stef… 

Stefanie Mitchell
Message 229 of 264

My daughters names are Angel and Jade, So A&J Tech and Jade designed the logo.

Message 230 of 264

I've had the opportunity to name several businesses.  Given the importance of online presence I always prioritize two things.  Url, and trademark infringement.  My url needed to be simple, unique, memorable, and most importantly available at a reasonable price.  My business name needed to match my URL and also not infringe upon any other businesses nationally.  Beyond that, I wanted the name to make reference to the area of the country I reside, and to have some tongue and cheek humor.  That's how I arrived at "WickedFricken"
wickedfricken-logo-small.png

Message 231 of 264