x
Admin

How do you make your business stand out from competitors? ⚡️

Hi Seller Community! Hope everyone is enjoying their week

Today we're wondering....

How do you make your business stand out from competitors? Any tips?

fight.gif

We look forward to reading your replies! 👀 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94
Beta Member

Go niche. I made a one-of-a-kind business. Okay, there are now a petite handful sprinkled across the world, but I took it to a new level. Essentially, I looked for what I wanted, did not find it, so I built it.

InnThrall is founded on the principle that one of the kindest things that you can do for someone is to give them a safe space and permission to explore.
Message 43 of 95
Beta Member

Our designs.  All sign shops have similar pricing, but what stands out are our designs and the way we treat our customers as family.  We treat them as we would want to be treated.  Although there are some people that are hard to deal with, some people that look down on you, try to haggle you, or treat you like you owe them the best way is to help as much as is allowed without ruining your business.  If you run into those people, it's best to not deal with them too much because even if you bend over backwards, they may leave you with a bad review.  It's best to give 110% to the customers that you can trust, and steer clear of the ones you can't. 

Message 44 of 95

By offering the same or better pricing on the same quality item as others, and shipping quickly.

Message 45 of 95

Allow barbers and stylist To create categories in which the client can pick from for instants when you click on Q the Barber 

The first category will be haircuts second braids and third color jobs in which each category the barber or stylus can put their prices and it is easier for clients to pick through various services

Message 46 of 95

Merchandising seems to be what most of my customers comment on and our personalities which I’m not sure if that’s good or bad lol 

I’m hoping it’s good 🥴

Message 47 of 95

Allowing customers to pay online allows them to stay safe if they are concerned about Covid exposure. With my business I can drop off and pick up mowers and allow the customer to pay for the service and never really have to see them face-to-face. Although I like seeing customers face-to-face this does allow them a great option.

Message 48 of 95

You have to brand yourself, be authentic, be consistent and let your customers know the real you

Message 49 of 95

It is all about branding!!! Make sure that you are always represented with excellence in every way! Get your business in the public eye every chance you get. If you have a more positive brand recognition than your competitor the customer will always choose you first!

Message 50 of 95

We build relationships with our clients. No one likes dialing 1-800 and speaking with a random every time. Face to face interactions and a team that truly cares about client success!

Message 51 of 95

With a better online presence.   Better pictures,  more helpful posts, good Yelp reviews.  Maintained and thought out Instagram page.

the types of business that stands out to me is the type I try to learn from.  So even though have a beauty salon, im inspired by in n out burger, Starbucks, and Amazon for their quality, convenience, ease of use, and friendliness in branding.

Message 52 of 95

The best approach to any business is to have communication. Always remember the customers name in the beginning of conversation. Take time to really try to achieve a level of customer satisfaction. Make sure you follow up with stating that persons name at the end of every conversation. You would be surprised how this appeals to the customer! Good luck!

Message 53 of 95

Hi Isabelle,

One thing that people tell me all the time is they chose me because of my business name and logo.

Message 54 of 95

My office performs permanent hair removal through Electrolysis (not laser) and a good client visits our office about 20 times per year.  There's never a second chance to make a first impression and we give a gift bag to every new customer.  

It is a very nice looking shiny white bag with aqua-colored string handles.  In it we put two writing pens that we put in their own clear plastic bag (ordered from clearbags.com) that is sealed for cleanliness and it makes it look really custom but the bags are a few pennies apiece, 4 samples of Epicuren brand skincare products that we sell (and those go in their own sealed clear plastic bag as well), 2  hot/cold packs (ordered from Brandon at proimprint.com) that have pink hot/cold beads for people to put on their skin after an appointment to calm any redness or swelling.

Then we creatively stuff the bag with aqua colored tissue paper sticking out of the gift bag to make it look really festive.

So, for about $6 per complete bag, clients get a variety of items and they absolutely go nuts by getting a gift upon their first visit to our office.  The goodwill this creates has been incredible!

Mark

Owner, Advanced Skincare &Electrolysis

www.ase-sd.com

Message 55 of 95

FYI - the writing pens and the hot/cold packs are customized with our logo of course, to reinforce brand recognition!

Message 56 of 95

We are creative with our offerings. We are consistent with our service & hours and we figure out how to best personalize the services. 

Message 57 of 95

Thinking outside the box from what your customers would assume is ordinary.  also engaging in an idea during conversation.

Message 58 of 95

DO WHAT NO ONE ELSE DOES AND take it to the limit when doing it

SERVICE FIRST   always  and the rest will follow

Message 59 of 95

I do live videos of new merchandise. I send people to my competitors if I know they have what someone is looking for that I don't. I try to be honest with all, and I try and keep new products in all the time. With my retail esoteric witch shop it can be challenging!

Message 60 of 95

Look at what your competitors are doing. Is there anything they're not doing that you do? Is there a skill you can add to your services that your competition either isn't doing or that you do better than them?

Are there social media platforms that they're on that you aren't (where it makes sense to be)?

Message 61 of 95

How do you stand out amongst your competitors?  With outstanding personable customer service. This will give you the upper hand! Remember guests' names and personal info about them. Shows you care because you listen to when they talk. Keeping convos short and to the point is respecting their time. Showing appreciation of their business in selecting your establishment. Be excited when they walk through your door or walk up to your register. These are examples of what I mean. It is the little things that go a long way with your guests. We are rocking almost 5 Star reviews on our business google account because of these practices. 

Message 62 of 95

I keep a mindset that I have 0/Zero competitors and my business is thriving!

Message 63 of 95