x

Appointments: How do I change the way my services are in ordered on the online booking site?

I try to organize them but nothing happens has everyone dealt with this?

Message 1 of 42
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry, the Appointments booking site got a facelift. @gorgecitybarber @lsnowner

Appointments Dashboard > Online Booking > Select Manage to the right of Enable online booking 

A smaller window will appear. Select the three dots next to your location > select Manage Service Order

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Alumni

@Ascensionmassag 🙌 - Right on!  Glad it worked out. Let us know if you need anything else 🙂

Justin
Message 22 of 42

Laptop

Message 23 of 42

I did this and it moved it on the screen but when I went to look- they were still in the old order. any tips?!

Message 24 of 42

my online booking section is no longer showing visbility and display to re-arrange the services. I am using a computer. The items tab does not let you re-arrange from there. How do I get my visibility and display tab  back?

Message 25 of 42
Beta Member

I no longer see this option.  It appears to have been removed in May 2021.  The list of options has changed. Thank you.'

Message 26 of 42
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry, the Appointments booking site got a facelift. @gorgecitybarber @lsnowner

Appointments Dashboard > Online Booking > Select Manage to the right of Enable online booking 

A smaller window will appear. Select the three dots next to your location > select Manage Service Order

Justin
Message 27 of 42
Beta Member

Thank you JustinC.  I never would have found that.  The process is a little more work, but happy to have found it.

Message 28 of 42
Beta Member

Hi Guys!

Is there a way to put our service menu (items) in a particular order for people to book them?

Thanks!

Message 29 of 42
Beta Member

I'm assuming you're referring to booking services..... not items for sale.

So, there is a way to do this, but it requires embedding the list on your own website. 

In appointments, under online booking, Advanced Widget: 

"Create New Widget for [your company name]"

Give this widget a name - location, day of the week, etc. Whatever will help you know what is in the list.

You can select what staff are able to be booked - so you could limit it per location

You can select which services are to be included

Save

Now you will see the widget in the "Saved Custom Widget" list.

Click view and the online booking page will open displaying only the staff and services you selected. 

You can copy the link URL and either send it to clients, make a link on your business website, or embed the entire widget into your site. You can even embed several widgets on the same page of your website to split up categories, dates/days, location, staff, etc, keeping all services on one page, just organized by categories. Or you can devote separate pages to specific items/staff/etc. I created a google site (in google drive) website to try this out. works beautifully with a google site. I haven't tried it with any other site yet.  It molds right into your webpage and keeps viewers on your site and not moving to the appointments page and missing all the other content on your website. Google Sites is free.

I hope this helps those that are really struggling with the need to have this all categorized and organized better. If you have any questions about what I've done here, please ask.

Message 30 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @egasperini1027 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Additionally, thank you to @crystalimages for providing these details!

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed rearranging services on Online Booking Sites. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @JustinC, which has been marked as the Best Answer.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 31 of 42

There isn't an "online booking' menu

Message 32 of 42
Alumni

Sorry my screenshot didn't help. Reach out to our Appointments Team for a hand. They'll help you navigate to the right place to reorder your services. @lauranadeau14

Justin
Message 33 of 42

Hello - I'm at the Appointments Dashboard/Online Booking but there is no option to choose to Mange service order.   Where has this option been moved to?  TIA.

Message 34 of 42

Hi @skinbyregina!

You can change the display order of your services for online booking from your Square Appointments dashboard:

1. Go to your online Square Dashboard > Appointments.
  2. Click on Online Booking > Channels > Manage.
  3. Select the three dots and drag and drop the services in the preferred order > Save.

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

AshleyK
Message 35 of 42

I am trying to rearrange the way my services are viewed on my website. The instructions you provided do not allow me to change their order. When I go to Manage Service Order and select it, it does not allow

to change the order at all.

Message 36 of 42

The site doesn't seem to be set up the same way anymore in 2023. I cannot find a "manage" button when I follow these instructions. I have my services listed on a squarespace page and they are all out of order for what I would like customers to see. The main services are way down at the bottom and supplemental services are the first thing the customer sees. There has to be a way to organize this. 

Message 37 of 42

How can this be done from a desk top computer?

Message 38 of 42

Hey @Helen2 and welcome to the Community.

@JustinC provided the instructions in the Best Answer on this thread.

Ashley C
Message 39 of 42

JustinC's answer is outdated and no longer works. Can someone please answer this question? Its making my business appear chaotic when the services can't even be listed properly. I'm paying for Squares service and this is very frustrating. 

Message 40 of 42
Beta Member

Has the visibility & display feature moved?  I am not seeing this and have been searching everywhere for it. 

Message 41 of 42

Hello there @sweetPbeauty 

Yes, this has moved a little bit.

At this time, to edit or arrange your services, you will want to head over to your Site Editor. 

• From there you will want to jump into your Appointments Category Page and select your Service List. 
  • Once you get to that point you will see a button/option that will read "Arrange and add service".
  • This option will allow you to edit and arrange your services.

Here is what that looks like:

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 42 of 42