x

Can I use Square on a laptop or computer instead of a moblie device?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can I use Square on my laptop instead of a moblie device?

Hi - I am trying to find out the answer to a question below:

Can I use Square on my laptop instead of a mobile device and plug the reader into the microphone? If so, how do I download the app on my laptop? It is not an Apple product.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 133
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Big update for 2021: You can now use a connected Square Terminal with Virtual Terminal! Once you have Square Terminal, you can use it to turn your Mac or Windows PC into an all-in-one POS solution.

For additional information, check out our Square Terminal with Virtual Terminal product update.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 119 of 133
132 REPLIES 132

bluestacks is great but why cant square make a windows app? most people are not capable of install and or running a blue stacks enviroment. it is not user friendly unless your a tech.

Message 127 of 133
Square Community Moderator

I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request @stevecobb76

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 128 of 133

Does anybody know of a company that will allow POS on a windows laptop?  I'm about fed up waiting years for square to get their act together and make this pretty easy update happen.  

Message 129 of 133

Hi @DustRock,

Thanks for reaching out to The Seller Community. And adding your voice to this request. 

There is an option to now process payments from your Virtual Terminal & Square Terminal. So you could process the payment on your Windows using the Virtual Terminal, and it be checked out on the actual Terminal itself. Here is more information. 

In the meantime, please submit a feature request. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers’ interest in your request. Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

We appreciate your input!

Message 130 of 133

Hi Mayap

I would be very happy to upgrade to a Square Terminal if Square would like to give me one.  I have a perfectly good SQUARE READER FOR CONTACTLESS AND CHIP that I should be able to use to set up a virtual terminal on my laptop.  What I don't have is an additional $300.00 to spend after purchasing my Square POS system.

Message 131 of 133

Hi Please I am new to square, I recently took a payment via the square virtual terminal. The Payment went through but I cant find the money in my available checking balance and please if I receive an ACH payment does that go to my checking too? I really dont know how this square works 

Message 132 of 133

Hi @Brad3,

Welcome to Square, and the Seller Community!

While we can't take a look at your transfers via this public forum, you can view your completed transactions via the Transactions tab in your Dashboard, and link a bank account via Account & Settings > Account > Bank Account. Refer to this guide if you're still stuck. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 133 of 133