x

Employee Tips Report?

Has anyone used Square's API to implement an easy to way to pull an employee's credit card tips for the shift they worked? The custom reporting piece is a pain and my staff makes a lot of mistakes. 

Not having an easy to generate a tips report for employee is a lot of heated discussion and I want an easy way for them to pull the tips report themselves. Thanks 

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Good question @A-TownTap

The best way to track tips is by setting up Team Plus. Assign your bartenders 4 digit pass-codes so they enter it at each sale. 

At the end of the night, Pull a Sales Report and filter by employee to view their tip totals. 

Look through this thread I moved your post to to learn more! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Nicksbbq513 - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding divvying out tips at EOD. Take a look at this Best Answer from Justin for more information. You will want to make sure you have your employees set up with their own profiles via Team Management.

Let us know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Message 22 of 38
Beta Member

Server tip out to the bar end of the night.

we call it allocated tips 

is there a way we can show a tip out option on the shift report!?

Message 23 of 38

Hi @sbrockz,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 24 of 38
Beta Member

@ashc This doesn't answer the question

In our prior POS system we had a field called Bar Tip out in the Shift report

Which would help the server to understand how much they are tipping out.

It would be 4% of the total sales of the server. Thats what we were looking for. Thanks!

Message 25 of 38

my tips are showing as 0 on report summary. i want to see the total tips received on my report. I would really like to see the detail if i could.

Message 26 of 38
Admin

@ccsteen57 Check out this thread where you can find info about tip reports for your employees!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 27 of 38

Square employees do not understand tipping and the need at the end of the shift for a "bartender " to run a report without seeing all other sales. This has been a problem for years. Many have left square due to this.

Message 28 of 38
Beta Member

We just migrated to Square and we are thinking to migrate to other POS system because this is too much hassle 

Message 29 of 38
Beta Member

We have multiple employees on a daily basis - they all work with all the customers so they don't take sales by themselves but rather share the income and tips across anyone on shift at that time.  I don't see anyway to manage that tip situation.  I can get daily tips but then I have to manually break down the tips based on the hours they were realized and the hours that the employees worked.  Help!

Message 30 of 38

Shift and end of shift sales reports don't have the ability for team members to view their tips. Also auto-gratuity tips are listed under Service Charges. This makes it difficult for employees to see their work for a shift in the Restaurant app.

Any updates, since it seems that there hasn't been much progress in this area.

Message 31 of 38

I recommend setting up a demo restaurant and letting the Square developers see how their product really works on an iPad with the Restaurants app. Employees can't see their tips, or at least not correctly. Stop saying we need to use the dashboard because employees don't have or need that access. Seems like all posts just keep going in circles.

Message 32 of 38

I'm reading that this thread has been going on for years and I'm stunned. How is there NO tip report!!! This is elementary and all the workarounds are unacceptable. There should be no workarounds necessary for this basic functionality. Please address ASAP.

Message 33 of 38

How is this marked as solved?

Message 34 of 38

Agreed, we have not gotten an answer to the simplest thing. Maybe when the employee logs out for the shift, it prints up their CC tips along with the hours they worked. BUT NO CASH SALES should be on there. To explain it better, if an employee pulls his drawer, and realizes he is over 100$ because all night he had not been doing a full ring, like the person orders 2 beers and he charges them say $20, but he only rang up one and puts the whole $20 in, he puts money in the register, then at the end the report shows his cash sales, and he keeps extra money. So that's where the scam comes in. They just pocketed, your money. Back in smoking days, the bartenders would keep wooden matches in drawer to light peoples cigarettes', they also would count the matches as for everyone in a certain slot would equal $5, so 10 matches they could pull out $5o bucks from there drop.

The Simple way is , just hours worked and CC tips. Nothing else.

Message 35 of 38

LOUDER FOR THE DEVELOPERS AT SQUARE...

- You should be able to hide sales, especially cash sales, from staff.

- A tip out option (WITHOUT Sales data) should be available for staff to cash out when they clock out. Businesses need flexibility with this and not every employee works the same shift times and cash drawers are often shared. 

This is basic pos functionality for 25 years, yet not available from square.

Message 36 of 38

Hello there @koffeeking! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on missing features. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 37 of 38

We will see if it can get done on next update, but so far you guys are loosing me.

Message 38 of 38