x
Beta Member

How can I connect my Square Online website to my Facebook page?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: facebook marketplace

I've found out that some e-commerce platforms allow integration with facebook marketplace so that you can easily post to that audience without remaking each item description.  Is there a way to do with with square?

Message 1 of 67
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you've set up your Square Online Store, you can connect to Facebook, @renmishele. One of the required steps for connecting involves syncing your Item Library to your Facebook account, which will allow you to use Facebook Shop to make items visible to your customers on your Facebook Page.

It sounds like this is what you're looking for, but please let us know if it's not!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you've set up your Square Online Store, you can connect to Facebook, @renmishele. One of the required steps for connecting involves syncing your Item Library to your Facebook account, which will allow you to use Facebook Shop to make items visible to your customers on your Facebook Page.

It sounds like this is what you're looking for, but please let us know if it's not!

Valentina
Message 2 of 67

How do I share on social media?

Message 3 of 67
Admin

Hey @Lok-

Please reply in this thread with a bit more information on what you're looking for or need help with. I'll look forward to your reply! 💭

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 67

I was wondering how to share on Facebook so people can pay for my items. I think I figured it out but please give advice if possible. 

Message 5 of 67
Admin

Hey @Lok!

Yes, you can. Take a look at @Valentina's best answer for some further insight.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 67

How do connect square items lists on my biz pages? Please help. I’m loosing customers due to booking and charges issues!!

Message 7 of 67
Alumni

Have you had a chance to try following the steps linked in the Best Answer yet, @Summersays? You'll need to make sure your Square Online Store is set up first, then the steps should make sense. Let us know if you have specific questions so we can give you a hand!

Valentina
Message 8 of 67

Hi! I have a question: I linked my Facebook shop with my square inventory. 
How do I sync it with newly added items? Is there a refresh option somewhere? Will it automatically sync in a set period of time? Would I have to  do something manually to have new items from square website to show up in my facebook shop? 
Thanks! 

Message 9 of 67

Hi!

Facebook is asking me to verify my domain in order to complete the setup.. there are three options and I’ve tried the last and obviously didn’t do it correctly. Below are the screenshots of three options for verification… can you tell me which to use and how to do it?

50F9415F-F12B-4F75-8607-E1A3D010B13B.png

64771077-B885-4880-8E14-7CEC83853D68.png

E5DE3D05-216F-4772-8CD6-7C17DF23B1DC.png

Message 10 of 67

I just get an error message every time I try to link it.  Weebly and Square are full of bugs and issues that should have been fixed a long time ago.  If they keep running like this no one will use them any more

Message 11 of 67

Hey! I am having trouble connecting my online store with my facebook. I keep getting hit with too many redirects. 

I have tried clearing my history, cookies, cache. I have tried 2 different (safari and chrome) I have also tried the wifi connections at my shop and at my house. 

I hit the "Connect Facebook Account"  and it redirects me to weebly login, then to Facebook, then throws up the error page. 

Message 12 of 67
Admin

Hey @580mercantile-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and sorry to hear that you've been having trouble connecting your Square Online Store and Facebook. 

Is this what you're seeing prior to the error in the Square Online Dashboard > Online Store > Website > Facebook?

What device are you attempting to do this on? Did you have a Weebly store, or any other store prior to creating your Square Online Store?

Let me know, as I want to make sure we get this figured out! 🤓

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 13 of 67

Hey Isabelle,

I have attempted this on my MacBook and my desktop computer. 

I do believe we had a Weebly account in early 2018 when we were testing out what platform would work best for us for our website. I was curious if this could be the root of the problem? 

and yes, I try to connect through the tabs under the website editor. 

Even if I try to login into Weebly Using the Facebook login it throws up that error page, but I can successfully enter with the google sign in 

Message 14 of 67
Admin

I have heard of a similar "looping" issue (try to link Facebook, taken to a login page) with folks who had a Weebly account or page previously. You'll want to give our Support Team a call so they can either merge the two accounts, or disable the Weebly one that you're not longer using @580mercantile.

Really sorry about this! Feel free to post back in this thread after you speak with them if you have any additional questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 15 of 67

Everytime I go to connect to my Facebook page it keeps giving me an error saying its something on their end. Its been days and it still won't allow me to connect. Please help as I want to create a Facebook shop so my customers can shop through there instead of the website. 

Message 16 of 67
Super Seller

HI @Cheapsellz 

Are you using the steps here to connect your Facebook account?  Also the error you are seeing is coming from Facebook correct?

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 17 of 67
Beta Member

It has been around 4 months that I've been having the same issue. Facebook just emails me every other day saying they are waiting for answers.

Message 18 of 67
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out,@piercingsbylex  

Are you following the instructions in this guide for connecting Facebook to your online store? Can you elaborate on the error you are seeing? 

We can try to take a look, but this may be something that the support team needs to troubleshoot with your directly. You can reach the support team here

Message 19 of 67
Beta Member

https://www.loom.com/share/91960ff9521844cda85c83993c78ff4a

There is a screen recording. I have already spoken to the Square support team a few times. I have also been in contact with Facebook about the issue since March.

Message 20 of 67
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting a link to the screen recording. The reps can sometimes escalate issues like this to the advanced support team in case the issue requires help from the engineers. I'm not sure if someone has already escalated this for you, but I can try to look into your previous support tickets to see if this is something we can help out with from our end. 

Are you connecting the same account that was previously connected, and if so, was it ever successfully connected? I thought I saw a screen that mentioned something along those lines. 

Message 21 of 67