x
Beta Member

How can I connect my Square Online website to my Facebook page?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: facebook marketplace

I've found out that some e-commerce platforms allow integration with facebook marketplace so that you can easily post to that audience without remaking each item description.  Is there a way to do with with square?

Message 1 of 67
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you've set up your Square Online Store, you can connect to Facebook, @renmishele. One of the required steps for connecting involves syncing your Item Library to your Facebook account, which will allow you to use Facebook Shop to make items visible to your customers on your Facebook Page.

It sounds like this is what you're looking for, but please let us know if it's not!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
Admin

Hey @Ashleycrodden- Try kellyj's steps above and see if that helps you out. If you're still having issues, go ahead and reach out to our CS team.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 43 of 67
Beta Member

I am having this same problem!  Did you ever get it resolved?

Message 44 of 67

I have read several threads where others seemed to have or be having a similar issue. When I get to the import your items step, it shows 11 items, I click next. I either get an error message or it seemingly is a "success" but alas zero items are showing in the Facebook store. I have tried and retried for several days now. Speaking live to someone would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Tags (1)
Message 45 of 67
Admin

Hi @hdevyn! I'd go ahead and try the troubleshooting steps that kellyj lists here. But if the issue still persists, definitely reach out to our Support Team.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 46 of 67

Thank you! My  Square/Weebly. item library shows no errors. I will try to contact CS.

Message 47 of 67
Beta Member

Hi there,

I noticed my newer Square items were not available for tagging on FB and Instagram recently, and just started looking into it today. The last time my Square catalog was fetched was 12/4, so I went ahead and asked it to fetch the items manually. It spun and spun and never did anything, so I went ahead and disconnected and tried to reconnect (as that usually will fix little quirks).

However, I cannot get the Square Online account to connect to my Facebook Shop Catalog automatically. The only option I get is to upload manually, which with 100s of items just isn't something I'm super interested in. 

There is an option to "choose a partner" to automatically use that partner as my catalog... but Square is not an option for that any longer. Shopify, Big Commerce, and a half dozen others are. 

Did Square stop integration with Facebook/Instagram? Is there some weird button I'm missing? I have tried this a few times, and used all the help pages/troubleshooting on both Square and Facebook to no avail. There just doesn't seem to be an option have Facebook talk to Square on the Facebook page... anywhere.

Please advise! Thanks!

Message 48 of 67
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Maegen,

I moved your post to an existing thread for this issue.

Check out @kellyj's Best Answer for some troubleshooting. I'd also make sure it's set up correctly via our Support Center article here.

If still no luck, please contact our direct E-Comm CS team who can assist you further.

Ashley C
Message 49 of 67

Exact same thing ive been trying to figure out for hours on end for multiple days. I decided to try to disconnect facebook and reconnect it and now when i click connect facebook account in facebook shop tab, nothing happens at all and i cant reconnect now..

Message 50 of 67

You're describing my same problem. Did you find a fix?

Message 51 of 67

We added the Facebook Shop integration to import our item catalog of over 2500 products. I noticed that products which have no inventory in Square / Square Online set the Facebook Item field Availability to In Stock. Obviously this is going to cause issues with selling items which are out of stock.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? 

Are there any guides on the Facebook and Square integration beyond the simple basic page on how to connect them? 

Message 52 of 67

I am having trouble linking Square Online with Facebook Shops. The Square Online Dashboard - Website - Facebook is showing that everything is linked. However on the Facebook Business Suite - Commerce - Catalog - Data Sources it won't let me add a source via Pixel and shows this error: "This pixel's microdata is incomplete or incorrectly formatted."

The Facebook Microdata Debug Tool for Catalog shows that my item pages have these errors: A required field is missing: id, A required field is missing: price, A required field is missing: availability, A required field is missing: link.

The Facebook Events Manager is showing data for the Pixel that I used when I integrated Square Online with Facebook.

I'm sort of lost here...

Message 53 of 67

Welcome to the Community, @xdreamwalker

Since it's showing connected on our end, I am going to recommend reaching out to Facebook to what issues are on their end. 

In the case they don't have a suggestion to help, please let me know!

Kassi
Message 54 of 67

On Facebook's end:

"This pixel's microdata is incomplete or incorrectly formatted."

The Facebook Microdata Debug Tool for Catalog shows that my item pages have these errors:

A required field is missing: id

A required field is missing: price

A required field is missing: availability

A required field is missing: link.

Message 55 of 67
Admin

Can you contact our support team and provide them with that information?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 56 of 67

I'm having the exact same issue on my shop and getting the same errors in the facebook microdata debugger tool

A required field is missing: id

A required field is missing: image_link

A required field is missing: title

A required field is missing: price

A required field is missing: availability

A required field is missing: description

A required field is missing: link
Message 57 of 67
Beta Member

Were you able to get it fixed? If so, how?

Message 58 of 67

Hi there, @floralandhardy 👋 thanks for checking in here! It looks like most others got this issue resolved by reaching out to our Support Team, as Adam suggested above.

If you end up reaching out, feel free to bounce back here and let us know what steps you took! It may save some time for others like you who come here looking for answers, as well.

Cheers!

Joe
Message 59 of 67

Why wasn't this "fix" just posted here to help out all the rest of us who have these issues? It's not an isolated case. I swear it's like you guys just want to keep helpful info from us. 

Message 60 of 67

Hi @jadams459 Welcome to the Community 😊

Have you had a chance to check out Valentina's pinned answer at the top of the thread?

If you still need assistance, I recommend reaching out to the support team so a rep can troubleshoot this with you. They will be able to determine if the issue needs to be escalated to the advanced support team.

Message 61 of 67
Alumni

Hi hi @Nadia24, and welcome to the Seller Community - sorry you're here cause you ran into trouble!

I've moved your post here, where I shared the steps you'll want to follow when trying to connect your Facebook to your Square Online website. If these steps aren't getting you where you need to be, you may need to refer to Facebook's Business Center for help.

If you need a hand after referring to Facebook's guide, feel free to reach out to our team directly.

Valentina
Message 62 of 67

I’m wanting to share the items in my shop to show what I have. How can I do so?

Message 63 of 67