x

How can I print a packing slip for an order placed through my Square website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Print Packing Slip in Free Version

Is there a way to print a packing slip with the free version? There used to be a button to click on an order that a user could select for printing a packing slip.  It appears from other posts it may be embedded in the shipping label option which is upgrade.  It was so convenient.  We are a tiny not for profit, so sadly we need to stick to the free version. 

Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You can print packing slips, @fixabullwny!

Head to your Online Overview page, then click Orders.

Click the order you need a packing slip for, and you'll see something like this:

Click the Print Order button, and you'll be able to print a packing slip that looks like this:

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Alumni

Are you asking about printing a shipping label

Or are you asking about a packing slip (IE: a document that includes the complete list of items included in a package)?

Thanks in advance, @fixabullwny!

Valentina
Message 2 of 40

A packing slip that can be printed and placed in the order. 

Message 3 of 40
Alumni

Best Answer

You can print packing slips, @fixabullwny!

Head to your Online Overview page, then click Orders.

Click the order you need a packing slip for, and you'll see something like this:

Click the Print Order button, and you'll be able to print a packing slip that looks like this:

Valentina
Message 4 of 40

How can I print a pick slip without the price. I need it for production. My employees don't get how much each client is paying. 

Message 5 of 40
Alumni

There isn't a way to remove the price at this time. @Tammyu2 

Justin
Message 6 of 40
Beta Member

Are there any updates on this issue? We really need a packing slip without prices as most of our deliveries are gifts!

Message 7 of 40
Beta Member

The solution above lists each item as "pending" which should not be noted on fulfilled items. A true packing slip from an e-commerce service is an essential basic.

Message 8 of 40
Beta Member

Does any one have an idea how to generate a packing-slip? A list of shipped items without the price.

Message 9 of 40
Alumni

@chocolatemann there isn't a way to exclude the price, I'm afraid. I merged you to a relevant thread that explains how to print a packaging slip. 

Justin
Message 10 of 40
Beta Member

Thanks Justin,

FYI, there is a way to create a packaging label if you are using SHIPPO, its an option that is offered when you are downloading the shipping label.

Unfortunately it opposite to our workflow.

How can Square even offer an e-commerce platform without the option of a packing -slip?

Its  very frustrating to always have to find "ways around" problems. I guess its one of those features we'll be waiting for.  

Message 11 of 40
Beta Member

Same boat, here. The solution above lists each item as "pending" which should NOT be on fulfilled items...

Message 12 of 40
Square

Hi!  I do not know if you use the Square iOS app, but I just released a feature on it that lets sellers print packing slips for placed orders.  If you try it, let me know what you think of it!  Thanks!

Message 13 of 40
Alumni

Hey @ktaniguchi-sq!

Where would @chocolatemann and others locate this feature?

Valentina
Message 14 of 40
Square

Orders -> tap on an order that is a shipping order -> scroll down to and tap on overflow actions

Message 15 of 40
Square

Hi - I just released a feature on the iOS square app that prints packing slips for shipping orders.  If you are an early adopter, let me know what you think of it!

Message 16 of 40
Beta Member

How and where is the feature? It doesn't show up in my app

Message 17 of 40
Square

You will need to go into the App Store, find the Square app, and update it to 5.75 if it has not already auto-updated on its own.  Then in Order manager, go to an order that is a shipping order, and tap on "More actions"

Message 18 of 40
Alumni

Wanted to make sure you saw the steps to access this feature @chocolatemann!

Let us know if you run into any troubles here 

Valentina
Message 19 of 40

This is a lifesaver, thank you. I drop ship and gift ship many of my orders... appreciate the app feature! Packing slips need to be added to the website too 🙂

Message 20 of 40

Here is what I discovered today with packing slips.  Don't ask me why the formats are different depending on how you get there.  It's frustrating, but hopefully this will help a few people.

When my online order first came in, there were buttons to Print Packing Slip and Create Shipping Label.  When I chose to print the packing slip, it had no prices, and looked very plain (no company logo).  But it did say Thank you for your order! and it printed my return policy at the bottom, which did not appear on the two versions listed below.  And for the life of me, I could not figure out how to navigate back to this original version even if I wanted the plain version. 🤔

• From the Square Online Dashboard (prints WITH pricing, WITHOUT company logo)
    1. On the left side bar, click Orders.
    2. Find the order in question and click on that line.
    3. In the upper right corner click the button Print Order.  This version will print with pricing, has shipping details at the bottom of the page as well. This appears to be more of an internal document.
      It will look something like this:
      Order Printout (w Prices)Order Printout (w Prices)

• From the Square 'Main' Page (prints WITH logo, WITHOUT prices)
    1. On the left side bar click the Orders option.
    2. Navigate to your order (you may have to look through the "Inactive" orders or filter by date if you don't see it.  Click on the order line - it should open up a pop-up window on the right side of your screen.
    3. Click on the 'ellipsis' button on the upper right corner within the pop-up window.
      Packing Slip 01.jpg
    4. Click the Print packing slip button.
      Packing Slip Step 4Packing Slip Step 4
    5. Select the item(s) you want to appear on the packing slip.
      Packing Slip Step 5Packing Slip Step 5
    6. Your packing slip with no pricing will appear like this with your logo.
      Packing Slip Step 6Packing Slip Step 6
Message 21 of 40