x

How do I Link or Change my Bank Account?

How and where can I change the bank account that is linked to my Square Register Account?

Message 1 of 99
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great Question! You can Link and Edit your Bank Account at anytime from your Square Dashboard. To link a bank account, follow these steps:

• Sign in to Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard.

• Add the requested bank account information. When adding a name for your bank, pick any name that will help you identify the account. It doesn’t have to be the same name on the bank account. It’s good to note that your account and routing numbers are usually listed at the bottom of your checks. Some credit unions use electronic account numbers for deposits from Square (ACH transactions), which can be different than the account number on your checks. You’ll want to confirm with your credit union that you’re using the correct account number.
  • Click Verify Account.

Once you change your banking information, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the changes. For security reasons, you will need to click on that email within 24 hours to kick start the verification process.

One thing to keep in mind, verifying a new bank account can take up to 5 business days, until the bank verification is fully complete any funds will be sent to your previously linked bank account. 

To see more about linking or editing your banking information please see this video:

This post was updated October 12, 2017 to include a video resource. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 99
98 REPLIES 98

@cathielolo take a look at Kelly's response at the top of this page! It will help you get your account linked. 

Message 64 of 99

I didn't see a post from Kelly, but I was able to find a link that took me to my dashboard, and my bank info is there.  So, yay!  Thanks so much!

How about this question:  HOW TO I SEND AN INVOICE TO A FIRST-TIME BUYER?

Message 65 of 99

I am changing my banking to a credit union BECU. How do I go about this.? Need to know soon I want to close my original bank out. Please don't tell me I have to buy another chip reader. Because I just can't afford it

Message 66 of 99
Square

Hi @Bv, you can update that info at anytime, no need to update your reader. I moved your post to another thread on the topic, check out the steps Kelly provided on the first page!

Message 67 of 99

Why am I being a charged a $0.01 fee for SDV verify in my bank?

Message 68 of 99
Alumni

Hey @ME20 - that is a good question. 

Whenever our sellers link a new bank account, we need to make sure everything is correct (we'd hate to see your money get sent to the wrong account because of a typo!).

To do this, we make a small deposit and equal debit to your account (some sellers may see $0.49 or see $0.01). This allows us to make sure the account exists and that it can support both deposit and debit functions. 

I hope this helps clear things up, let us know if you have any other questions. 👍

Message 69 of 99

I need to find my bank info 

Message 70 of 99
Super Seller

Message 71 of 99

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “How to deposit from square to a bank?” 

Dd

Message 72 of 99

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Bank link lost”. 

Bank link lost

Message 73 of 99

How do I go back into the settings to correct the bank address?

Message 74 of 99
Square Community Moderator

This post was created from merging an original thread titled "Starting out I entered bank information incorrectly"

Hi @haydenentress

I've moved your post over to this existing thread. The Best Answer goes into detail on how to edit your bank account, and even provides a great video for you to watch if you have the time to do so. 

Let me know if you run into any trouble with this. 

Message 75 of 99

This comment was merged from "I need help changing my appointment times."

I need to change my bank account number 

Message 76 of 99

Hello @ndngold!

I went ahead and merged your comment into this thread since this questions been asked before. This helps keep the community organized for other sellers searching for threads. I recommend checking out Kelly's answer on the first page for updating your bank account. 

If you need help please feel free to @ mention me. 🙂

Message 77 of 99

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "how do i change the location on the bank account" The author has been notified via email.

the Location on my bank account on the square bank account was typed in wrong, how do i change it?

Message 78 of 99

Hello And Goodmorning To You... We’ve Linked Our Bank Account Kn 3 Different Times... And Your System Is Still Saying It Can’t Be Verified... We Even Went To Our Branch On Yesterday And Seen Were You Guys Deposited $.01 Cents... So How Is It That You Can’t Verify Our Account If You Made A Deposit Into It??? Please Assist In This Matter, Because We Have A Pending Deposit That Should’ve Already Been Released By Now... 

Message 79 of 99

I have tried to change my bank account without success. I really dislike you because THERE IS NO HELP. NONE

Message 80 of 99

Hey there @Bandit350

Thank you for posting in the Community! I moved your post to our board covering Editing or Linking your Bank account. 

Check out the Best Answer on this post for tips and troubleshooting help with your bank account. If you still have issues with this process, I would suggest reaching out to us directly - use this link to get your Customer Code http://squ.re/contact/

(Tip: after clicking the link above, hit More > I Don't See My Issue. There, our phone number will generate along with your customer code).

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 81 of 99

My business only had mysavings account attached.  Now, i wish to add my checking account..same bank, same account 

Message 82 of 99

Hey @Wisdom53 and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread where it goes over how to edit/change your bank account from the Dashboard.

Check out the best answer for step by step instructions.

Set up questions and help articles are also available on our Support Center if you ever have a general question on how to set things up in your Square account as well. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 83 of 99

The bank on my account I no longer have so I had to change the account 

Message 84 of 99