x

How do I Link or Change my Bank Account?

How and where can I change the bank account that is linked to my Square Register Account?

Message 1 of 99
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great Question! You can Link and Edit your Bank Account at anytime from your Square Dashboard. To link a bank account, follow these steps:

• Sign in to Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard.

• Add the requested bank account information. When adding a name for your bank, pick any name that will help you identify the account. It doesn’t have to be the same name on the bank account. It’s good to note that your account and routing numbers are usually listed at the bottom of your checks. Some credit unions use electronic account numbers for deposits from Square (ACH transactions), which can be different than the account number on your checks. You’ll want to confirm with your credit union that you’re using the correct account number.
  • Click Verify Account.

Once you change your banking information, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the changes. For security reasons, you will need to click on that email within 24 hours to kick start the verification process.

One thing to keep in mind, verifying a new bank account can take up to 5 business days, until the bank verification is fully complete any funds will be sent to your previously linked bank account. 

To see more about linking or editing your banking information please see this video:

This post was updated October 12, 2017 to include a video resource. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 99
98 REPLIES 98

How do I set up a bank account to which all revenue goes?

Message 43 of 99

on your dashboard click on account and settings link and then click on change bank account link and this should solve your issue. Hope this helps.

Message 44 of 99
Admin

@lynn1944 — Important question! Check out @Kelly's reply in this thread for more information as well. Hope that helps. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 45 of 99

your system will not accept my current password and I cant remember my original password

Message 46 of 99
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Shooter193683!

Sounds like you'll need to reset your password with a Forgot Password link.

You'll see the option for it under the login boxes and it'll send you an email to reset your password. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 47 of 99

How can I cancel a linked bank account?

Message 48 of 99
Admin

Hey @TreyBreakFast, take a look at Kelly's reply in this post. Hope that clears things up for you!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 49 of 99

I want to add another bank account

Message 50 of 99

No just add another account

Message 51 of 99
Square

@drrosied Check out my answer above for instructions on editing your bank account. 

Message 52 of 99

How i can i change my phone number and the name of my business and my new bank account

Message 53 of 99
Square

You can edit all of your account information right from your Square Dashboard. Check out my answer above for info on updating your account info. 

Message 54 of 99

Hi, I'm also trying to change my bank account/remove old, now closed account and I keep getting an error message saying that the routing number does not belong to a known bank. It's Chase...it's a pretty well known bank.  I've already checked that I didn't "misspell" the number and asked my husband to look at it to see if I was mistaken in my belief that I did not "misspell" the number...nope, we both see it as correct. I tried on both the phone app and the website, and got the error message both times. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Message 55 of 99
Square Community Moderator

@nibor @Christina0013 That sounds a bit strange. Have you tried any of the web browser troubleshooting tips like clearing your cache, updating your browser, or switching browsers entirely? 

Message 56 of 99

@EJ_  I ended up figuring out what the problem was.... I was logged in with an email which was an associated (employee) sub-account. Logging in main account email is only way to have access to change the settings. Thanks for responses

Message 57 of 99

@cathielolo That is a great question, but we are on the thread for linking a bank account.

I recomend using the search bar above to find a thread on invoices. Using just a couple of key words should get you going in the right direction! 

Alternatively, if you can't find a post on the topic you can start a new thread in the Community. I'm sure other sellers have a similar question and this will help keep the community organized.

If you have any other questions related to bank accounts in this thread please let me know! 😎

Message 58 of 99

I'm unable to change my bank account information. Please help

Message 59 of 99
Square

@sonjaspirit - Sorry to hear about the trouble! What seems to be happening when you update the information from your dashboard? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 60 of 99

i want to cahnge my bank

Message 61 of 99
Square

@joruiz7547 - Just log in to your Square Dashbaord and enter the new bank details. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 62 of 99

Square seems way complicated to me, but a friend convinced me to download the app.  I have it and am expecting to start receiving payments from customers.  However, how do I let square know where these payment should end up? I haven't provided my bank account info. Thanks.

Message 63 of 99