x
Highlighted

How do I transfer my domain to Square Online Store?

I’m looking to move my website from Shopify to Square. I have my domain registration with Shopify though, how do I move that over?

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Switching from Shopify

Best Answer

Hey @tigerstore55-

If you wish to connect your existing custom domain registration from your old online stores you can do so with our Personal Plan. If your previous online store is connected to a custom domain prior to trying the new Square Online Store, the Personal Plan fee will be waived for a year starting at the date you publish your new site. After the first year, the Personal Plan will cost $6 per month per site.

To begin the transfer domain process, click this link and go to the transfer domain option.

If your previous online stores are connected to a custom domain, like wxyz.com, you’ll need to update the DNS settings for each custom domain to point to your new store. Please follow these instructions to update the settings for each custom domain. Your new online stores will not be live until you redirect your custom domains.

I hope this helps! 

Isabelle
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @tigerstore55-

If you wish to connect your existing custom domain registration from your old online stores you can do so with our Personal Plan. If your previous online store is connected to a custom domain prior to trying the new Square Online Store, the Personal Plan fee will be waived for a year starting at the date you publish your new site. After the first year, the Personal Plan will cost $6 per month per site.

To begin the transfer domain process, click this link and go to the transfer domain option.

If your previous online stores are connected to a custom domain, like wxyz.com, you’ll need to update the DNS settings for each custom domain to point to your new store. Please follow these instructions to update the settings for each custom domain. Your new online stores will not be live until you redirect your custom domains.

I hope this helps! 

Isabelle

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
Highlighted

I wanted to change my website name to a new one that I definitely plan on keeping permanently from Square to Square.  I think I found the answer and I thank you for the answer.  

Message 3 of 24
Highlighted

How do I connect my own domain to my weebly website

How can I transfer my google domain name to my weebly website?

Message 4 of 24
Highlighted
Admin

Re: How do I connect my own domain to my weebly website

Hi there, @ps73 👋 Thanks for joining us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you in the fold.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for specific information about transferring their previously owned domain over to our Weebly based Online Store. Take a look at this Best Answer from Isabelle - it will point you to the resources and steps needed to accomplish.

Feel free to reach out if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Message 5 of 24
Highlighted

how to update my DNS setting ?

DNS SETTING

Message 6 of 24
Highlighted
Admin

Re: how to update my DNS setting ?

Hi there, @solo1971 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. Happy to have you join us!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who also had questions regardinging editing and updating their DNS settings. Take a look at this Best Answer from Isabelle - the last few lines of her post will lead you straight into the DNS Settings from your Weebly Dashboard. 

Let me know if you have any remaining clarifying questions. We are here to help! 

Joe
Message 7 of 24
Highlighted

I just want to point a domain to my new site here

How do I point a domain to this site?

Message 8 of 24
Highlighted
Admin

Re: I just want to point a domain to my new site here

Hi there, @spirithawk 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information on how to point a domain. Take a look at this Best Answer here from Isabelle - she should be able to provide some clarity here.

Let us know if you have any remaining questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 9 of 24
Highlighted

Domain transfer

I’m having trouble transferring my domain from godaddy over to my square site. May i please get help 

Message 10 of 24