x
Beta Member

How to Comp Items with New Appointments App

Under the new Square Appointments app, because comping items requires clicking on the item in the ticket, there doesn't seem to be a way to comp services or items coming from the Appointments calendar.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @beautifulco

You're correct here, as the only way to Comp a service would be from the actual Checkout screen. 

The workaround here would be to use the discounts feature, but I can see how having the Comp feature available on both screens makes sense. 

I'll flag this over to our Appointments Team, as they're tracking the new Appointments app and what sellers are wanting to see moving forward. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

Hi @beautifulco

You're correct here, as the only way to Comp a service would be from the actual Checkout screen. 

The workaround here would be to use the discounts feature, but I can see how having the Comp feature available on both screens makes sense. 

I'll flag this over to our Appointments Team, as they're tracking the new Appointments app and what sellers are wanting to see moving forward. 

Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks. We're already using the discounts feature as a workaround.

Message 3 of 10

Any word on when COMP as a chosen payment method when checking out Appointments will be available? T.I.A.

Message 4 of 10
Admin

Thank you for getting in touch here, @BuHair310. I went to check for updates on the ability to apply comps as a payment method in Square Appointments, but there aren't any developments that I can share out right now.

We'll circle back to this thread as soon as any new details come through. Hopefully EJ's suggested workaround with discounts helps for now. Please let us know if any questions or concerns remain!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 10

I'm not sure if this is related, but looks like someone here might have an answer for me. I need to provide a category sales report for my partner company. I'm just starting my business and have only given comp services in February. These don't show up on a report. I need to show all the appointments. How am I able to create a report and show these comp appointments. The only other thing I can think of is to create invoices for each one and then comp them, is this a thing?

When I make an appointment, it's a service that has zero as a charge. 

Thank you!!

Message 6 of 10

Hey @WBDCryo thanks for taking the time to share that. At this time, you cannot view a report like that in Appointments, but you can always view all your sales reports and comps in the Square Dashboard under our Comps reports. 

Let me know if that helps at all and I will share your feature request with the Development Team!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 10

Thank you, AshleyK,

I'm sure I tried creating a report for comps and still nothing showed up. I need to leave right now and will try that again later, or might need to be tomorrow. It might be that I'll need to download another app for comp appointments, if this doesn't work. I'll be back!!

Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Hi! Just checking in to see if there is a feature for comping from the appts check out screen in the works yet. Opening a separate ticket and adding items etc is time consuming. I just tap the appointment and check out from there with services already added. 

Message 9 of 10

@RADBeauty I hear your frustration in this. Unfortunately, I don't have any updates to share at this time, but I will keep tracking the feedback for our developers. In the meantime, you can track our new releases for Appointments in our Product Updates Board. You can also subscribe to it if that helps so you don't have to check it at regular intervals. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10