x

How to have time stamps on invoices or open tickets

Hello,

I have customers who order multiple times during the months and I want to be able to have them pay their bill at the end of the month.

From what I saw in other threads, it appears that three ways of doing this are

1- Create an invoice for each order and have them all due at the end of the month

2- Create an invoice for the first order of the month, save it as draft and add to the invoice for subsequent orders, or

3- Create a ticket and keep it open, add to the ticket for subsequent orders

The problem with the 1st option is that if the customer orders 6 times, s/he does not want to receive 6 invoices and have to run 6 payments (kinda defeats the purpose to some extent), so this option is out.

Option 2 and 3 allow to have 1 single invoice /payment, however, either way, I'm not sure this would add time stamp for each order in the invoice or the ticket. Yet, it's very important to keep track of each order separately.

So the question is: how can I submit one invoice that details the orders placed during the month with each order's time stamp?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Hey @cgaillard, thanks for taking the time to bring this up and share these workarounds.

At this time, there is a limitation with Square Invoices in that the timestamp of the payment is only applied when the customer completes the invoice payment (as a whole).

I'm not sure how your inventory is set up but, for the sake of having timestamps associated with each order, have you considered creating a specific items as orders with the timestamp in the title? If you're able to do this, each item would show up in the invoice and your customer would only have to make the payment once — at the end of the month. This work-around may require you to track inventory outside of the Point of Sale app.

Rest assured that I'll be sharing your experience with our Product Liaison team, who is always working on improvements based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 14
Beta Member

Along the lines of time stamps ... I have asked this question before, and there is another facet to this in another thread somewhere ...

• Open tickets need an "origination" time stamp that stays with the ticket (currently, everytime a ticket is opened and viewed, the running time changes, i.e., we may have a ticket opened on Monday that is still sitting in the queue on Tuesday.  If we view it on Tuesday, it now appears that it was created on Tuesday and is thus current.)
  • It would be a further breakthrough to have timestamps when new items are added so that, as another poster commented, reporting would more accurately show peak sale times.  We use the application in our bar and, as you can imagine, we do not necessarily "turn tables" as in a traditional restaurant.  Our guests may linger for hours and during that time may order food.  We can anticipate busy and slow times just from being in and around the operation, but it would be helpful to confirm this for staffing purposes by being able to review an accurate report.
Message 3 of 14

Been a year... Any solutions to this? 

Message 4 of 14
Super Seller

Message 5 of 14

I would like this capability as well.  This would also allow me to view an open ticket to see the ticket content without updating the timestamp of the ticket to show the current day as the date of last entry.

Message 6 of 14

Are there any updates on this? We manually type "Service Date" into the notes section of the ticket, which works, but it would go a long way to streamline the process if the timestamp were applied automatically.

It would also be helpful if this original timestamp could be viewed once the ticket has been paid, closed and is stored as a transaction.

Message 7 of 14
Square Community Moderator

@James1004 Thanks for taking the time to write this. At this time, we have no updates on this feature, but I can see how useful this would be for some businesses. I will continue to surface this feedback to our development team!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 14
Beta Member

I have a need to identify what time items are added to open tickets?

I cannot find a way to do this and I feel it’s an obvious feature to expect.

many thanks.

Message 9 of 14

Hey! Welcome to the Seller Community!

I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding open tickets. I hear it and it makes sense why you would like this feature. At this time, it is a feature request that we are tracking, but I have shared it with our Development Team. One workaround you can consider is printing open ticket stubs that will have the time stamp of when the stub is printed, allowing you to know when an item was added to the open ticket. 

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Message 10 of 14
Beta Member

Currently we can see on the ticket when it was printed to send to kitchen

but is there a way we can see what time was the item sent to kitchen on POS system.

We could see that on our 15 years (Ciao) POS system, , why can't square show us that?

Message 11 of 14

@sbrocks I've merged your post to an existing thread so we can keep all the feature requests in one place. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 12 of 14

Wow. This thread is two years old and still no solution. 

There needs to be a date stamp as to when I ticket was created. 

How hard can that be???

Instead of waiting time creating features that nobody needs. Create  features that help us manage. 

Message 13 of 14

Hi @brooklynpizza1,

Welcome to The Seller Community! 

Sorry about the inconvenience. I completely understand the need for this feature and how it would help your business. 

We are working on fixing the feature request experience. Our product team does try to implement as many features, as quickly as they can based off feedback. I would encourage you to submit a feature request so our product team can get visibility and track other Sellers’ interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

Thanks for the feedback. Please let us know if you can help in any other way? 

Message 14 of 14