x

I want to remove the Log In tab from my website.

I'm trying to remove the Log In tab from my website. I've gone to Setting>Checkout>Advanced and unchecked the box that says something like, "Allow customers to create personal accounts," but the Log In tab is still there.

The website is https://www.sourceaudio.net/

In past threads it looks like somebody on the Square or Weebly staff had to go in and manually remove the Log In option.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 153
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @TheLuckyJackson and @Gold 👋 

This is a glitch that happens to some sites built with the original Weebly editor. There's two places to check for the setting:

1. From the main dashboard, click Settings > Checkout > Customer Inputs, and toggle off or uncheck the Customer Accounts option. You do not need to republish the website for the live page to update. 
  2. From within the Site Editor, click Settings > Members, and make sure the option Show "Log in" in site menu is unchecked. You will need to republish for the live site to update. 

Your link was coming from the second option, and I have already removed it for you. Please make sure to publish the site again when you have the chance. 

Hope this helps clear up any confusion. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 153
152 REPLIES 152
Square

Not a problem, @nueplanet - I have disabled that option for you so it shouldn't show on your site now.

Message 106 of 153

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. Can you remove the Log In tab from my site. I only have one password protected page i set up.  Thanks.

Message 107 of 153

Sorry, the web adress is ralstonengine.org  thanks

Message 108 of 153
Square

Thanks for your post, @henrygh. I don't see a login link on your site when I check. Did you still need help?

Message 109 of 153

I'm sorry. I acctually figured out how to do it after sending this message. Thank you for your reply. Another issue though, I am having troulbe with scribd though if you can help. How do I delete a pdf off of not only my site, but off of scribd completletly too? thanks 

Message 110 of 153
Square

In Weebly all you need to do is delete the element, although to remove it from Scribd you'll probably need to log into your account with Scribd. If you aren't sure how to do that I would contact them for assistance.

Message 111 of 153
Beta Member

Hi @Adam 

Can you remove the "log in" from our page?

https://thebestclayflowersartworks.weebly.com/#/

Thank you.

Message 112 of 153
Square

Not a problem, @ClayFlowers. I've made a change on our end so that should be gone now.

Message 113 of 153

Hello,

Wondering if someone could help me remove the login tab on my menu as well. nationalparksmerchadise.com

Message 114 of 153
Square

Not a problem, @carolinereusen - I've made a change on our end so that shouldn't show now.

Message 115 of 153

We have the same problem on our site too: https://www.ramsolutions.com.au/

I'm presuming this has something to do with the Square shopping cart? I cannot see an option to remove the login in the Settings menu as "Members" does not exist; and there is no login on/off option in the Editors section.

So if someone, perhaps Adam, can remove that from our site too. Or advise me how to remove it myself that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben from Island Computers, on behalf of R&M Solutions.

Message 116 of 153
Square

Not a problem, @RMSolutions - I have removed that from your site for you. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Message 117 of 153

Thanks Adam,

You're a legend! Are you able to tell me why it happened? Is it something to do with the Square shopping cart? If yes then I wonder if there is a way to prevent that  for my future customers.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Ben

Message 118 of 153
Square

Hi Ben. I don't think this particular change had to do with Square shopping cart. The ability to add customer logins is something we had been working on before Square acquired us. Not all account were updated at once, though, so some user are experiencing the change/update much later than others. If you ever come across it again you can turn off the option from Settings>Checkout>Advanced, then scroll down to the section that allows you to enable/disable customer accounts.  

Message 119 of 153

Hi! I am facing a similar problem with my site, www.kenaliacards.com, I was wondering if the Log in page could be removed? I could not find a members section under the settings tab. Thanks so much!

Message 120 of 153
Square

Not a problem, @KenaliaCards - the tab should be gone from your site now.

Message 121 of 153

Hello,

There is a similar problem on two of my sites, that i can not fix myself (doesent matter if the members are checked or not). The Login tab in menu is not visible all the time, but whenever you load or navigate on the site/menu, you can see the members login icon (for a sec), which also causes a layout shift (inside the sticky menu) and hurts performance (only milliseconds performance loss)

Would much appriciate if the legend Adam, can fix this Smiley Wink 

the sites are            https://www.geelongtowtruck.com.au/

https://www.geelongbestplumbing.com.au/

Message 122 of 153
Square

Not a problem, @Charisma - I've removed the login option for both of your sites. Smiley Happy

Message 123 of 153

Thank you Adam for the quick response!! Smiley Happy

But alas, the problem i described still persists. If you go to either of the live websites and click on the menu items, then the members icon still flashes. Changing the "theme" would probably resolve this, but i hope it wont come to that, since both of the sites are ranking well (Towing in Top 10 with more that 20 keywords). And we both know what changing half the code means to Google Smiley Happy 

Anyway, its not that big of a problem, but if we get it resolved...i would be very happy Smiley Happy

Message 124 of 153
Square

Interesting - I saw that as well. I'm sure this is because the code for the icon is there and it's hidden conditionally when the feature is turned off, though something is making the code run just slow enough that you see the icon for a moment. Are you familiar with HTML and CSS (I ask because you've customized the theme)? You could probably add some CSS to hide it.

Message 125 of 153

This is also now on my wedding website! Can this be removed? croftandwalker.com

Message 126 of 153