x

I want to remove the Log In tab from my website.

I'm trying to remove the Log In tab from my website. I've gone to Setting>Checkout>Advanced and unchecked the box that says something like, "Allow customers to create personal accounts," but the Log In tab is still there.

The website is https://www.sourceaudio.net/

In past threads it looks like somebody on the Square or Weebly staff had to go in and manually remove the Log In option.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 153
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @TheLuckyJackson and @Gold 👋 

This is a glitch that happens to some sites built with the original Weebly editor. There's two places to check for the setting:

1. From the main dashboard, click Settings > Checkout > Customer Inputs, and toggle off or uncheck the Customer Accounts option. You do not need to republish the website for the live page to update. 
  2. From within the Site Editor, click Settings > Members, and make sure the option Show "Log in" in site menu is unchecked. You will need to republish for the live site to update. 

Your link was coming from the second option, and I have already removed it for you. Please make sure to publish the site again when you have the chance. 

Hope this helps clear up any confusion. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 153
152 REPLIES 152
Square

Hi @thephantomrose Welcome to the Community 😊

I checked your website, but I do not see the login option. Were you able to remove it yourself? 

Message 127 of 153

Hi @Adam!  I have the "Log In" tab on my webpage, and don't have any of the options provided to solve the issue. Could you please remove it for me?  The webpage is www.jcrosson.weebly.com.

Thank You!

Message 128 of 153

hi! can you remove for my site too??? www.thedreamcatchers.life

Message 129 of 153
Square

Hi @jbs. Usually you should be able to remove this in two ways:

1. By turning off the Customer Account options under Settings>Checkout>Advanced Settings, or

2. By logging into the editor and clicking Settings>Members to turn off the sign-in option.

I'm not seeing either option in your account, though, and it looks like it may be a bug specific to your account. If you haven't already, can you please submit a support request to our team? You can submit a request by scrolling to the bottom of our Help Center and clicking the contact us button. Thanks! 

Message 130 of 153

Thank you

This helped. 

Settings > Checkout > Advanced Settings (Top Right corner button) > Checkout options > Un Tick Box >

Customer accounts are enabled

Allow your customers to create an account to save shipping information and view order history.

Very helpful when Members is not appearing in the others  settings panel

Message 131 of 153

I don't have Checkout under Settings. Please help remove for me.
Message 132 of 153
Square

Thanks for reaching out, @jonthetrader 

I see a few sites listed in your account. Can you please let us know which site you are editing? 

Message 133 of 153

Thanks! I figured it out already. Managed to remove the login tab.
Message 134 of 153
Square

Glad to hear! Smiley Happy 

Message 135 of 153

Hi @Bernadette 

I too am having issues with the "Log In" button on my webpage.  All of the solutions provided don't seem to work (I don't have the options/buttons to make the changes).  I'd appreciate it if you could help me remove it from my webpage (www.jcrosson.weebly.com).  Thank you!

Message 136 of 153
Square

Thanks for reaching out, @classiccrosson 

I do not see the login option on your website. Did you already get this figured out? 

Message 137 of 153

Hi there, I would like to remove the 'log in' tab from the menu. I don't see Advanced Setting in Checkout. It looks like the other option is for Weebly to remove it on their end. 

Thanks

Message 138 of 153
Square

Hi @toarabfilm I don't see a login link for the site in your account. Did you already sort this out? 

Message 139 of 153

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with the Log In tab on my site, too. Can you remove it for me?

https://islandjunkee.weebly.com/

I was successfully able to remove the tab from a couple of other sites that I have. I had the Advanced Options tab in my settings on those sites, but, for some reason, that option is not available in this site's settings. If push comes to shove, would changing the theme fix this?

Thanks!

Message 140 of 153
Square

Hi @Shajen I'm not sure why the option was not showing for you, but this has been fixed. 

Message 141 of 153

Thank you, Bernadette. It's finally gone.

I have 3 other websites, and I was able to remove the Log In via the Advanced Settings tab with no problem. This option simply was not there for this website. I can't tell you how much time I spent clicking on all the different settings thinking that I was overlooking it somehow! I guess there was a glitch related to the theme I'm using.

-Shajen

Message 142 of 153

thank you! you're right - I dont see either! i will submit a request. thanks!

Message 143 of 153

Hi, could someone also help me to remove the login tab from website please: https://www.elizabethkleinauthor.com/

Many thanks

Message 144 of 153
Square

Not a problem, @Dutchie. I made a change on our end so the link should be gone now.

Message 145 of 153

Can I get the login requirement removed from hardwoodinspector.com?

Message 146 of 153

Hi Adam, 

Can you remove the "Log In" tab from my website www.hawaiianlifestylestudio.com" please?

Message 147 of 153