x

Is there a way to edit ticket layout?

I was wondering if there is a way to edit ticket layouts? Especially things like:

Select which sections print in red (especially the To Go // For Here section)

Add a buffer at the top of the ticket so the table number doesn't get hidden by the ticket rail

or

Edit the layout and move the table number to the bottom of the ticket

Thanks!

Message 1 of 49
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We don't currently have a way to edit the layout of your printed tickets. If you are using a kitchen ticket printer, your printer should automatically give you a buffer space at the top of the ticket to allow for your order rail to hold the ticket. While this is not something that can be adjusted through the Register, depending on your printer you may be able to adjust that right from your printer settings themselves. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Admin

Hey @HRB, I like where you're going with this — can definitly see how having icons display on kitchen tickets would help with making them easier to read in a fast-paced atmosphere. Unfortunately, the ability to include icons or item images with printed kitchen tickets is not available with the Point of Sale app. I will surface your post to our Product Liaison team and we will continue to track this request. Please keep in touch for updates and thanks for hanging in there!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 22 of 49

Bummer. Thanks for getting back to us.

Message 23 of 49

Is there a way to prioritize the list of items printed on tickets?  For example, all food items go to the top and all drinks to the bottom, regardless of the way they're inputted into the system (i.e. how the customer orders: customer 1 orders food and his drink, customer 2 orders her food and drink, etc.).  

Message 24 of 49
Alumni

Hi @azegzdryn - welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

While this is not currently available - you can set up more than one printer and sort item category by printer. (For example, you can print just drinks to your drink station and just food to your kitchen). 

We do hear you and will let our Product Team know - sorting items to one printer definitely sounds like it would be useful. 

Message 25 of 49

We really need to increase the font size for our customer-facing receipt. We have got some feedback from our customers that text on their receipts (printed) are too small. Appreciate any help!

Message 26 of 49
Alumni

Hi @NTC - thanks for flagging this. 🙂

There is not currently a way to change the type on the receipt, but we will definitely pass this request on to our Product Liaison Team.

Message 27 of 49

We want this too, but especially on the kitchen receipt/order stub.

Message 28 of 49

any update on this?

Message 29 of 49
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LennonP - No update on this as of yet. We will send out a Product update as soon as it becomes available. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 30 of 49

If you get the set up software for yout printer you may be able to change the font size.

Message 31 of 49

Hey! We have lots of orders with multiple items. 

I love the feature to print each item, however I wish I could number them. 

is there a feature or a feature coming that would  basically # the items? 

Steve pizza 1/4

Steve salad 2/4

Steve wings 3/4

Steve bread 4/4

Message 32 of 49
Admin

Thanks for your post, @Bibos. There isn't a way at this time to customize order tickets, but I could see how that would be helpful including the number of items. I'm merging your post into a different thread about customizing order tickets, that way if something changes you can get easily notified.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 33 of 49

The latest update to square eliminated the buffer at the top of the kitchen tickets  THIS IS TERRIBLE!  The ticket rail covers ALL the information now!  Please put it back Square!

Message 34 of 49

It's been 5 years since this option was first brought to Square's attention ( first post on10/10/16).  Any update or is this a dead option that Square is unwilling to add?  Let me say, I've been happy with Square since day 1 so I'm not griping/ranting... but maybe the tech team is unaware how beneficial this option would be for many of us!

Message 35 of 49

I am new to square and my kitchen staff would like to see larger fonts and the ability to have "to go" be a differnt color than "for here".  So looks like this has been requested since 2017.  Can you tell me where it is at on the release schedule?  Or is it even one the list of approved programming updates?  

Message 36 of 49
Square Community Moderator

Hi @pschndrzm,

Thank you for writing in to our Seller Community, and highlighting this feature request!

We don't have an update on this feature request at the moment, but continue to advocate for the requests we receive here. When new features are released, we find out at the same time you do, and share an update as soon as it's available. A number of factors are considered when new releases are rolled out - if you'd like to learn more about how feature requests are developed, take a look at this article

Message 37 of 49

Has there been any updates to this? I'm still trying to figure out how to change order ticket layout. 

Message 38 of 49
Beta Member

I would also love to be able to customize the order ticket layout. We are using a sticky label printer to put our tickets onto our cups. Sometimes the labels are just way to big. Any updates on this becoming a feature that square offers?

Message 39 of 49
Beta Member

We have the same issue. The tickets are huge and we want to reduce it by half or more. It’s too long and font too big. 

the compact ticket option does nothing. 

Message 40 of 49

Please please please give us the ability to edit ticket layout! We use sticky labels too and they are HUGE! The font is way too big. Plus if we could have the ability to add things to every ticket (like our logo) that would be so amazing. 

Message 41 of 49
Beta Member

This is getting crazy. With our modifiers and also the doordash notes being printed on the ticket. Our item tickets are now longer than our biggest cups. This thread is over six years old. Why isn’t square doing anything about this? 

Message 42 of 49