x

Is there a way to set items with a minimum order quantity or dollar amount?

Is there a way to set items with a minimum order quantity or dollar amount? I sell wholesale and there is a minimum order quantity to be able to purchase wholesale.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

You could set a minimum order value for "delivery" but I can't see how you would get a wholesale price change, it would just charge the regular rate. 

Message 2 of 8

We too would like this option with regard to quantity. Some of our products we need you to order a minimum quantity. E.g. you can order mini rolls by the dozen, but we require a minimum order of 3 dozen to make it worth our while to bake. As such, we can’t have it just listed as 3 doz mini rolls as the item, as they should be allowed to order e.g. 5 doz. It would be good to have a min quantity attribute for the item that gets checked when they try to add the item to the cart.

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @dorsisbakery

Thank you for adding your voice to this Feature Request for being able to add an order minimum. I am going to suggest dropping this into the Ideate Board for our Product Team and add some more details on how you'd use it for your business. 

There is an ability to add a dollar amount minimum to your delivery orders through your Online Store, but from your post it looks like you're looking for specific. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

I'd love this too. For example, I want to be able to set the moq to be 40 pieces. And ideally, also that you can set that it can only be purchased by multiples such as by sets of 5 or 10 etc.
The reason this is so imortant to me, is because the only workaround to setting moq is by listing the items as "pack of ___" , meaning that I myself have to manually insert the price for each pack. It is extremely tine consuming and frustrating to have to do that, especally since my customers purchase anywhere from 40 to 400 pieces of the item I'm selling. 
It's also frustrating that square customer service, and on these threads, have already claimed a few years ago that they are working on this feature request. It's a basic request that so many of us need.

Message 5 of 8

I have been looking for the same feature as @dorsisbakery , but cannot find an answer.  Looks like from other threads that this has been an ongoing question since 2016.  I don't understand why it is still not resolved seven years later.  When we make money, Square makes money, so please get this resolved!

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @mbjones,

Thanks for reaching out to check on this. I am not currently seeing this feature posted on our Ideate Board where our team is actually tracking the requests and providing updates. 

While we would love to implement every request submitted on our board, bringing these features to fruition often takes an ample amount of time and effort from our engineers. We want to ensure that our releases are not just surface-level products, but the best all-around resources to help you grow your business. We know waiting for a feature to be implemented can be frustrating so I cannot thank you enough for your patience and understanding while our team continues to monitor this request.

Message 7 of 8

There was another post that we were told this was being worked on (order minimum per item) for the online store multiples is not as huge of a deal you can just put that in the description (x5 portions per qty select 4 times you will get 20 items) the real issue is the order minimum and to try to get that for clients is very confusing and of course now adays they look to us even though this is a very very very basic feature of any online store ... this is one of many threads about it with answers that it is being worked on - https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online-Discussion/Can-you-set-up-a-minimum-order-qty-on-on...

Message 8 of 8