x

Newsletter Sign up

I recently set up my site, when people access my site there's a pop up asking them to sign up to my newsletter. I know some people have done this but when I look on my customers its showing that none have signed up? How do I know who has agreed to receive emails from me?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @HandmadeHarriso, welcome to the Seller Community. 

I just ran a test on my website and I can see the email address of my customer appeared within the Customers section of my Square Dashboard. 

It also appears in my Square Online Overview > Website > Form submissions. 

When a customer submits a contact form entry through your website, you should receive an email notification to the email address entered in the form settings.

If you aren't receiving your form entries via email, check your spam folder in your email account. If you do see the notifications in your spam folder, indicate they aren't spamming so future entries don't also go there. If you donโ€™t see them there, you may want to have the submissions sent to a different email address.

Can you take a look in both places and let me know if you see your customers in either? Thanks

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 4

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply.

When I visit the customer section on the mobile dashboard, under all customers it shows 12, under email subscribers its says there are none.

When I look at customers on laptop it shows 12 customers, 6 haven't placed an order but their email address is showing which leads me to believe they've filled in the newsletter sign up. However when I click on the individual customers it says Marketing, email status Non-subscribed.

When I look under form submissions it shows two customers (both also appear in the customer directory but as non-subscribed) I know for definite 4 people have signed up for the newsletter. 

I haven't received any emails regarding form submissions and have checked my spam.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HandmadeHarriso, thank you for your post. Collecting your customer's email address for newsletter is different than collecting their email for marketing communications. I'll explain below. 

First of all, to check the list of your customers who signed up for your newsletter, please go to your Square Online Overview Page > Website > Form submission. 

When it comes to marketing communications, it is a bit different and you need their explicit consent. A subscribed customer is a customer that has provided explicit consent to receive marketing emails from your business.

If youโ€™ve collected customer email addresses through Square from (but not limited to) sending digital receipts, Invoices, Appointments or Loyalty โ€” the customer cannot receive Square Marketing email campaigns unless:

• Youโ€™ve separately collected and recorded the customerโ€™s explicit consent,
  • Youโ€™ve manually imported an existing database of customers who have consented to receive marketing emails from your business, or
  • Your customer has used one of Squareโ€™s customer information collection tools.

Here is more information on how to get started with Square Marketing and how to get started with customer information collection if you wish to have your customers subscribed. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 4 of 4