x

How do I subtract a custom amount from a sale without creating a custom discount?

If a customer wants to exchange a product then normally I would have to refund then recharge for the new item. Is there a way to just deduct the amount of the returned item from the new sale to show the new total? Sometimes, its a gift and the receiver just wants an exchange

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @theyarnbowl,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We don't have a way of doing exchanges through our free Point of Sale at the moment - though this is a feature of our Square for Retail POS, a specialty retail product we hope to release in Australia in the not too distant future!

The workaround would be to manually adjust stock levels and either issue partial refunds if the exchange was for less than the original amount, or discounts on new items if the total was over the original amount.

I'll pass your feedback on as a feature request with our product development team though - I can see that this would be super handy in many retail situations, and understand the workarounds are not as straightforward as an exchange option would be!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2