x

edit change amount in checkout before transaction goes through

New to Square. Cannot find information about editing an incorrect amount entered at checkout (before a transaction goes through)?

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

No worries @SweetM - it sounds like you may have been doubling up by adding an item and a custom amount!

Also, if you ever need to remove items or clear an entire sale from the checkout screen, you can click where it says "current sale" then tap the Down arrow in the circle and press "Clear Items".

Hope this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @SweetM,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can edit an amount you've entered at checkout via the keypad by pressing the "C" button on the keypad via iOS, or the backwards pointing arrow on the keypad via Android.

Hope this helps - if you're still having trouble let me know what mobile device you're using and we can take some screenshots of how it should appear for you ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 5

Oh thank you. Think Iโ€™m getting mixed up by putting in a pre- set โ€˜itemโ€™ and then wanting to change the amount in the checkout page.

Iโ€™ve organised a โ€˜discount itemโ€™ for a fixed amount now- that should work to solve the problem.

I โ€˜ve created a second discount with no dollars attached. I presume that will let me take an amount down by a variable amount.

Iโ€™ll look again at the page that shows the keyboard. I feel a bit of a dill not noticing the โ€˜Cโ€™!

Thank you 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

No worries @SweetM - it sounds like you may have been doubling up by adding an item and a custom amount!

Also, if you ever need to remove items or clear an entire sale from the checkout screen, you can click where it says "current sale" then tap the Down arrow in the circle and press "Clear Items".

Hope this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 5

Yes, that helps. Thanks again

Message 5 of 5