x

Can a customer use their bank account to pay invoices? (ACH payments)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can a customer use connected bank account to pay recurring invoices?

Hi,

A client of mine has no credit cards or even a debit card for her checking account. Since my service is monthly subscription based, I wanted to get her on recurring invoices. She asked if I could connect her checking account (ACH payments) for her payment. Can this be done through Square? 

Thanks!!

John

Message 1 of 78
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can a customer use connected bank account to pay recurring invoices?

Wanted to share an exciting announcement that ACH payments are now available for Invoice payments! 

Here's the announcement post where you can find full details on it from the lovely @kellyj here! Thanks for your patience as we rolled this out. 🎉

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Wanted to share an exciting announcement that ACH payments are now available for Invoice payments! 

Here's the announcement post where you can find full details on it from the lovely @kellyj here! Thanks for your patience as we rolled this out. 🎉

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 78 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I take payment using a clients bank Checking and routing#? "ACH"

I've had a number of clients ask if they could pay for our services using their bank Checking Account # and Routing (ACH). Does Square offer this type of payment? If so, what is the prossing cost and how can I start offering this as a option?

Message 22 of 78
Super Seller

Square does not currently have a direct transfer option.  You would need to take a check from your customer so it comes out of their bank account and costs you nothing with Square or take a credit card payment.

Message 23 of 78

I agree with this, i would like this feature too. For customers to be able to enter routing and account number to pay invoices.

Message 24 of 78

Yes please. I would like to be able to accept payments via ACH.

Message 25 of 78

This would be a valuable option for our brewery as most of our vendors prefer and have asked to pay by ACH. I've looked into processing through our banks, but the fees are prohibitive for a low volume of transactions.

Message 26 of 78

I agree! Definitely, need an ACH payment option on invoices. Since my business is primarily online and I mostly work B2B, it's easier and faster that way. Otherwise, I've been using a different payment processing company for those higher ticket B2B invoices.

Please add the ACH payment option for us to accept direct payment from a bank. I would love to bring these invoices back over to Square, but my clients need the ACH feature mostly.

Message 27 of 78

I need to be able to accept payment through my website's store in the form of EFT or ACH.  Please add this to Square!

Message 28 of 78

Another vote for ACH payment processing through Square please! For my clients with higher invoices the processing fees are a turn off and they request ACH. It would be great to be able to process everything through Square instead of having to set up multiple payment accounts (authorize.net, etc).

Message 29 of 78

Definitely need this feature for business to business. Lotta businesses I deal with do not like using credit cards or debit cards. They would feel more comfortable with electronic transfer Or ACH

Message 30 of 78

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: ACH payment

Hello
Is it possible for my clients to pay invoices using ACH?
Maybe it can be done through a third-party service, tell me please!

Message 31 of 78
Super Seller

Hello @BlackhawkCountr !

Square doesn't have the ability to honor ACH payments natively. If you use a third party service, you can close the invoice to the "Other" payment and make a note that it was an ACH payment.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 32 of 78
Beta Member

Another vote for ACH. Any word on when this will be added? 

Message 33 of 78
Admin

Hi @kirbmart- We don't have any new developments to share at this time. If an when we do, we'll make sure we update our Community members here. Thanks for your continued patience!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 34 of 78

agree with everyone on the feature request.

I had to shift some of my invoices to stripe to accept ACH payments.

... and of course smaller fees on my end to get paid ACH vs credit card.

Message 35 of 78

@rl_clc

I understand and I can see how see how it would benefit your business. Unfortunately, I still don't have an update on this feature. 

Kassi
Message 36 of 78
Beta Member

I am currently deciding between Square & QBO for invoicing.  Because of ACH payment option, I am leaning toward QBO, but would prefer Square.

Message 37 of 78

Hi @AJDeck - That is excellent feedback! Right now, this would be a Feature Request for our Invoices platform. 

Kassi
Message 38 of 78

We use Square terminals as well as the API for online payments. ACH payments and invoicing API are very much needed. It's been very long time they are missing in Square. I am at the verge of making a decision to switch to Stripe which offers everything Square offers and more in terms of my needs.

I don't know if they read these forums but come on Square, you can do this!!!

Message 39 of 78

Hey there, @bitslab

This is the perfect place to add your voice to this Feature Request. Our Product Team has been tagged, so they can see how popular this is with our sellers. 

Keep an eye out for our Product Updates for upcoming launches. 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out!

Kassi
Message 40 of 78
Admin

[Updated by Moderator on October 13th, 2020]

This is still a feature request. As of right now, we have a feature that allows sellers to automatically charge their customers using invoices, but not by charging a bank account with ACH. 

I'll make sure to update this thread if I hear anything in regards to being able to charge bank accounts instead of payment cards when paying invoices. Thanks for your patience! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 41 of 78

HI, HOW DO I SET UP ACH WITH AND E-CHECK FOR OUR CUSTOMERS. 

Message 42 of 78