x

Can you keep up with you inventory on your phone app or do you have to have an IPad?

I can not find where to show the items I have sold in my inventory in the register.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Currently you can only track your inventory from your  Square Dashboard online. I agree it would be helpful to see from the app, and it's a popular request! While I don't have an ETA for this feature, I'll be sure to update this thread if it's something we offer in the future. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Best Answer

Currently you can only track your inventory from your  Square Dashboard online. I agree it would be helpful to see from the app, and it's a popular request! While I don't have an ETA for this feature, I'll be sure to update this thread if it's something we offer in the future. 

Message 2 of 12

Can the Square Ipad app be used to track quantity of inventory items?  It makes sense that it would, but I've hunted and hunted, and I cannot find it. It would be nice to be able to use a mobile device for inventory each week rather than carrying around the computer. If I'm missing where to access this feature, please advise. 

Message 3 of 12
Square

Check out Spenser answer above, this is something that we are absolutely tracking! 

Message 4 of 12

Hi there, 

When can we expect inventory management in the registry app? Now, I can oly see stock levels via the website but a common question is if I still have an item in stock while in the store using the App. 

Thanks ! 

Message 5 of 12

I can view my inventory counts from my computer, but how can I view the inventory from the iPad app?  There are times when I can't go check stock but need to know if I have more in stock than what is on the sales floor.

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 12
Square

@MajesticDragon - I went ahead and merged your comment with this thread. It looks like we're already helped a few other people with this question. Check it out for more details!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 7 of 12

Yes, please add this feature! I don't take all of my inventory to vendor shows, but if a customer asks if I have something in stock, it would be great to be able to check this on my iPhone with the Square app! Just an additional column next to the item would be great.

Message 8 of 12

Is the feature now added to squareup so we can see inventory from Ipad or Iphone?

Message 9 of 12
Alumni

Welcome to the Community @cheakers! Thanks for checking in on this. Unfortunately, inventory is still only viewable within your Square Dashboard online. We will definitely update this thread if we get any news from the Product Team.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 10 of 12

Hi Square team,

It's been over a year since this feature request was made and you still have not addressed it! That's a very bad mistake from your product team, I don't know what they are thinking. This must have been there from the very beginning! Not only can't we see stock levels in the app (iPhone or iPad), the app actually lets you add an out of stock item to the sale! There's no warning of any kind, nor is there stock information to avoid these costly mistakes.

I suggest you bring this issue to your dev team so they can address this ASAP.

Message 11 of 12

I am looking for this, too, for my clients who integrate Square with DEAR Inventory.  Particularly those businesses that do Farmers' Markets and Trunk Shows, so that they can just look at Square to see if they have the product in stock with them, instead of going and looking for a product that they do not have. 

Of course, it would also be good for any retail situation when a customer comes to a register to ask if a product is in stock or not.

Users could always go to DEAR Inventory to find the stock level, but it would be nice to see it in Square since the stock counts are there on the Square web interface on a computer and, more importantly, it would be good to stay in one app when selling.

Note that I also tried to use the Square Dashboard web interface on the iPhone, but the mobile-optimized interface does not include the "Items" menu item as is available in the "Full Site" and the Full Site view on the iPhone does not work very well.

Thanks,

Stan

P.S. I posted a similar reply to the following thread, too:

Square Register Inventory Management When Sold Out

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Square-Register-Inventory-Management-When-Sold-O...

Message 12 of 12