x

Event will not import into store as an event, only an item

I'm trying to import two events (art classes) into my online store, except one of them can only be imported as an item, not an event. The two classes are identical as far as settings and one has imported successfully as an event. What am I missing?

*Follow up*

I continued to mess with it and at some point created an additional events section and then both art classes showed up miraculously as importable events. However, I decided to go ahead and use an Items section afterall since you can post images and it looks nicer. But now, I'm having the opposite problem: the other art class will not import as an Item, only an event.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @cornelioos, thanks for flagging this and sorry to hear about the trouble.

At this time, you can only add the item that corresponds to the designated section (e.g. an event can only be added to an event section). I'll be sure to share your suggestions on this with our Product Liaison team.

Hope this helps clear things up a bit more. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reply. We'll be happy to have another look!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

Don't you wish the support folks would READ the post?  It clearly says you CAN'T import it into the Event section as an Event, because it's not in the Library when you go to import.  I've had the exact same problem almost the entire time I've been using Square.  I got the event import to work last October, and now it won't work again.  My event doesn't show up.  Infuriating. @Tom

Message 3 of 5

Hello @efsetn I want to do my best to help you with getting to the bottom of the issue you're experiencing with events. 

Are you currently trying to import an old event? If so I recomend double checking to make sure the section you are attempting to import into is designated for events and not items. 

This would cause he event to not show up while attempting to import. If you're still having trouble with this please feel free to reply back! 😀

Message 4 of 5

My Event items will not show up online. I created a new item, setup options, added it to a category; nothing shows up online.

Message 5 of 5