x

Feature Request: Adjust Barcode Scanner Sound

Is there a way to change the sound (beep) your barcode scanner makes?   When you are ringing someone up, if an item isn’t in your system or you are on the wrong screen it beeps like it’s ringing it up. Is there a way to change it to a different sound so that you realize it’s not scanning correctly?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @sgracefarms

Currently Square Point of Sale does not have the ability to adjust the sounds that your barcode scanner makes. The examples you described definitely make sense to me.

Although a possible limitation could be the barcode scanners. We support a few different brands of barcode scanners, off the top of my head I don't know if they come loaded with different sounds that you can pick from. 

I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the Feature Request board of the Seller Community. From here we will track feedback from other sellers requesting this. 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Best Answer

Hello @sgracefarms

Currently Square Point of Sale does not have the ability to adjust the sounds that your barcode scanner makes. The examples you described definitely make sense to me.

Although a possible limitation could be the barcode scanners. We support a few different brands of barcode scanners, off the top of my head I don't know if they come loaded with different sounds that you can pick from. 

I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the Feature Request board of the Seller Community. From here we will track feedback from other sellers requesting this. 🙂

Message 2 of 2