x

How to save a card on file during online store transactions?

How can we capture and save a customer's card information during online store purchases in order to set up recurring monthly subscription charges?

We are a toy library that charges monthly membership fees, like a gym subscription, and this pandemic has caused us to shift our entire operations online, using only the online store. Getting a physical card swipe and/or paper authorization form is not possible at this time. We want the customer's card info to be saved online so that we can automatically charge their membership each month.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @ttn,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. 

Currently, we don't have a way to save a card on file for a subscription/recurring payment basis through our online store.

Thank you for the suggestion and we definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our product teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements. We appreciate it. Check out our Weebly Community for updates as well.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you @Alex_ for getting back to me. What workaround would you suggest for us in the meantime? 

Again, it's a membership model - monthly members can cancel after any monthly payment, but annual members will be charged each month for the entire year. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @ttn 👋 Thanks for the quick response! I can step in for Alex on this one.

The workaround we would suggest here for subscription services and recurring payments would be set up each of your subscription customers with Recurring Invoices. This feature will give you the ability to charge customers on a consistent basis, as well as the ability to save your customers Card on File to be used consistently.

You should find a helpful walkthrough in the link above! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4