x

Is there any way to edit the item layout screen to make the buttons different sizes?

Hello! I am wondering if there is any way to customize the item layout screen that is a grid. In particular, I'd like to make some of the item squares bigger. Since we are a quick serve restaurant the regular software gets the job done for us, but it's a little annoying to have that many unused gray squares underneath our measely 13 items. If we could make those 13 just take up more of the screen it would also allow for our cashiers to identify items more quickly by the pictures that are already uploaded to the item.

Thanks so much for any thoughts on this!

Mayra

Burritos To Go KC

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @burritostogokc,

Thanks for bringing this up. At this time, the ability to change the size (or shape) of the spacing on the Item Grid screen isn't available. That being said, I can definitely see how this feature would be useful in a fast-paced environment—I'll be sure to surface your post with our Point of Sale Team.

As an alternative option: if your business ever gets to the point where additional customization is vital, you may want to touch base with a developer to investigate options with our APIs: Our Payments and eCommerce APIs.

Please keep in touch for updates as we're constantly iterating our apps based on seller feedback. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2