x
Beta Member

Make an item available for pickup but NOT delivery

I would like the ability to activate pickup and delivery at the item level. In other words, make an item available for pickup but not delivery. 

We are a creamery and bakery. Certain items are just not conducive to delivery but work just fine for pickup. For instance, when we sell ice cream by the pint, we can easily deliver that or you can pick it up. But if you order a scoop of ice cream, you could pick it up just fine but it would be melted by the time we deliver it. 

Right now it seems like the options are either Shipping, Pickup & Delivery or Both. I don't see a way to separate them at the item level. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@Travelingbags - you can set a fulfillment method on an item level. Click the item to edit and specify if the item is eligible for pick up or shipping. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @lulietbakery

Welcome to the Community! 

Breaking down pick-up and delivery to the item level it would be considered a Feature Request for the Online Store. 

Our Online Store is still developing, so this is great feedback for our Product Team to have. I am going to tag it as such, so they can take a look. 

Thank you for taking the time and adding your voice!

Kassi
Message 2 of 18

We would love this - though the opposite: we would like to have a few big ticket items that we can allow delivery on 😀

Message 3 of 18
Beta Member

Same here for us.  We are just getting this setup and have many items we want to do delivery only and a few items  are shipping only.  Separating pickup/delivery/shipping for each item would definitely help us to sell more and not have a conflict/problem.  Please add this quickly.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 18
Beta Member

Making items available for pickup and Not delivery would be a VERY useful feature for my business, and I urge the team at Square to make it a top priority! In addition to selling sandwiches, deli items and gourmet groceries, my business also sells beer and wine for pickup. that we cannot make these items available for delivery. Please add this feature!!!

Message 5 of 18

@rattos thanks so much for adding your voice to this thread. I hear you and I understand how this tool could really benefit a lot of sellers. I will continue to bubble all the feedback I can to the team. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 6 of 18
Beta Member

We're a restaurant and bakery that has just set up our online store for takeout orders as well as bakery orders. We want to enable pickup for all items, but we would like to offer delivery for only items in the bakery category. It looks like, once you enable delivery, the option becomes active on all items with "Pickup & delivery" selected. Is it possible to only offer delivery for specific items or categories?

My first thought is that, instead of having a "Pickup & delivery" button on the item editor, there should just be two separate "Pickup" and "Delivery" buttons.

Message 7 of 18

Hello! I've merged your post with an existing thread in which Kassi helps to answer your question. Right now, this is a feature request, but we will be sure to update you as soon as we have news. Thank you! @plantedinhamont

AshleyK
Message 8 of 18
Beta Member

I'd like to bump this up. This is a pretty important feature, as there is no other work-around for items that can be picked up but NOT delivered. Any idea how soon this will be added as a feature? In other words, items should be able to be fulfilling by shipping, pickup, or delivery. You should be able to select any of the three, but pickup and delivery should NOT be grouped together. Thank you!

Message 9 of 18
Admin

Hey @Cheesetique-

Thanks for providing this insight. Separating the two fulfillment types is the top feature request for the Square Online Store right now. While I do not have a timeline or release date to share, I can assure you we're working on it. Thanks for your patience, and for providing some additional insight. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 10 of 18
Beta Member

This is a must-have for us, as we need to limit alcoholic beverages sales to pickup-only, while the rest of our inventory needs to be available for pickup or delivery.

Message 11 of 18
Beta Member

We have items that we'd like to sell for pickup only and not delivery. Is it possible to do this at the item level?

Message 12 of 18

Hi @karl_f I've merged your post with an existing thread. At the moment, this is a feature request, but it is on our roadmap and we are actively tracking requests for it. Thanks for posting!

AshleyK
Message 13 of 18

Same here - we sell BBQ for pickup only - no delivery.  We'd like to use online store for ordering and inventory control.

Message 14 of 18
Beta Member

Hi, all. This feature is now available. You can set "shipping" "pickup" or "local delivery" for each item individually. Within the Online Store, go to Items --> Item Library and select the item. Scroll down to the fulfillment section. Image here:

.Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.50.43 AM.png

Message 15 of 18
Beta Member

Trying to show customers some items are instock in our store available for immediat epick-up vs some items or order only...
How can I do this ?   HELP !

Message 16 of 18
Alumni

Best Answer

@Travelingbags - you can set a fulfillment method on an item level. Click the item to edit and specify if the item is eligible for pick up or shipping. 

Justin
Message 17 of 18
Beta Member

@JustinC  I know you can set the fulfillment this way but it still doesn't work correctly, at least I don't think so...  Here is the issue...

Let say I have a suitcases available for sale, in comes in Red , black, Blue & Green

How can I set it up to sell all four
And Show I only stock the Black and Navy in the store for immediate pickup
But you can order any of these...
Plus keep inventory straight only stocking say 2 each of the Black & Navy...
Plus changing the status to ship only if I were to run out..

Basically I want it to work like I see most other shopping carts that I use everyday...  
Where i can shop/filter for Instore / available items only or see everything and some items say ship you you or ship to store... 

Message 18 of 18