x
Admin

Are you selling online? Which website provider do you use? ๐Ÿ›’ ๐ŸŒ

Hey, everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹
For those of you selling online, which website provider do you use, and what do you like about it? Reply and let us know in the comments below! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 145
144 REPLIES 144
Beta Member

• I  use GoDaddy, it it has been a struggle to sell anything through my e-commerce pages. I do have square integrated as the payment. But as I say it has not been successful. 
Message 127 of 145

Yes! I am a online business only seller. The convenience that services my consumers with at their services. I start my online ecommerce with WIX but, I needed a ecommerce that was best for my business type, products brands and services so I transfered to Square Inc. I have been with Square Inc 1.9 years and then upgraded to Weebly by Square 2.0 years so a total of ecommerce online business for 3.9 years with Square.  

Caretha L Russell
Message 128 of 145
Super Seller

I am on Etsy and I use my Square online website. I am working on getting my Amazon live right now! Would love any Amazon tips and directing traffic to Square online!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 129 of 145

I was going to sell on Amazon. However, I had so much trouble trying to list my products, and couldn't seem to get the help I needed from their support team. I completely gave up on them. 

Message 130 of 145

I use squaresbay.com and webhouses.co.uk

Message 131 of 145

I use aplus.net for my hosting company for my website:  https://www.shadowsinthedark.com

I do Braille Manufacturing projects for the Blind and visually impaired. I have been doing this now for over 26 years. I use Zen Cart for my website platform. Easy to use Free Open Source Software.

Message 132 of 145
Beta Member

I have used shopify in the pass , was not user friendly . Now going to

try square. 

Message 133 of 145

Quickbooks is pretty good , you can even link up your storefronts to it , such as e-commerce stores and square to it . They even do your taxes and you get payroll on it aswell!

Message 134 of 145
Beta Member

We now use Square Online & are hosted through Go Daddy. I'm liking the product and functionality. I'm still learning but am continuing to grow and add products to our site. 

Message 135 of 145

I use Square Online too.

Joy Overton
Message 136 of 145
Super Seller

We used woocommece for several year before moving to Square. We like the functionality and the fact that Square are actively developing the system and not overly relying on 3rd party apps which we feel makes for a more reliable system. As a small business we are mindful of the costs and hope that Square continue to offer this great platform at an affordable price. 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 137 of 145

I use squaresbay.com easy to add your site to theres so you get a better SEO experience. If you have an item you could also list the item and your site on a store blog at webhouses.co.uk you will see the store blog on the front page.

Message 138 of 145

Use Squaresbay.com add your site there.

Message 139 of 145
Super Seller

We use Square online and CommentSold. CommentSold supports our app and the ability to do live shows through the app, Facebook, Instagram and Tiktok.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 140 of 145
Beta Member

IMO, Squarespace and WordPress are the best. 

Squarespace is super simple to use for the everyday entrepreneur, and they're constantly adding new features and functionality. 

WordPress if your site is simple, but requires lots of plugins, customization, etc.

Upon testing Wix, it was too simple for our needs, but many people seem to use it and are happy with it.

Message 141 of 145
Super Seller

I would say if you are selling in the UK and are a volume seller needing shipping integrations, word press, shopify and Squarespace have integrations with Royal Mail. We used to used word press but moved to Square as we had to weigh up the advantages of the system v loss of shipping integrations. 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 142 of 145
Beta Member

To be clear Amazon/Etsy/ebay are not website providers, they are online social selling platforms.

Woocommerce and Shopify are website providers.

Woo is open source

Shopify is hosted

You should now how different these 2 platforms are.

I only develop and sell on Woo for selling new items - Shopify is top-heavy and riddled with fraud through its 3rd party apps.

I also have 3 eBay stores - Poshmark - Mercari and FB Marketplace for selling vintage. 

Etsy kidizen and others are too mind-numbing to use.

To sell on a single platform, especially a social platform is a fool's errand as you can be shut down at any time.

Message 143 of 145
Beta Member

I use wordpress and woocommerce for my websites: www.bridgetowntravel.com, www.caribbeandaypass.com, and www.magnoliachocolatier.com

Mag

Message 144 of 145

I use Wordpress and Woocommerce which uses Stripe for Credit Card processing which I already had an account with so the integration was easy. I initially was on Volusion but they charged too much and was hard to add and remove items. I am happy with what I have now. I wish sales were better but that is another issue. 

Message 145 of 145