x
Beta Member

Collects Google reviews automatically after every customer purchase

Hi everyone,

I've built an integration with Square and thought it might be useful to share it here.

In a nutshell, the app listens to Square transactions and automatically sends out Google review invitations via email and SMS, as soon as a customer makes a payment and receives a receipt.

It takes a few clicks to turn on the integration. Below is how it works.

square.gif

We've turned this on for a number of Square sellers and noticed 5-stars reviews coming in almost immediately and regularly.

Here is the setup if you want to turn it on for your business.

Any feedbacks or questions, please drop me a comment below.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

This is fantastic. I've been looking for something to grow my Google reviews and could definitely use this.

Question - how does the app handle negative reviews ? I supposed if there are more reviews come in, you might get both positive and negative ?

Message 2 of 16
Beta Member

hey @tin-amz the app has an option to shield negative reviews. It detects low rating inputs and redirect customers to a private feedback form rather than the public Google site. That way, you still get valuable feedback without it impacting your public Google ratings. Below is how it works (if you choose to turn on the shield option).

defend.png

Message 3 of 16

Thanks @tam-rvc I set this up and it works beautifully. I like how it also showcases 5-star reviews to my Facebook and Instagram accounts.

I have been using the app free so far. How do I check if I have exceeded the free limit ?

Message 4 of 16
Beta Member

Hi there, you should be able to see all review requests under the Generate Reviews menu and compared that against free credits.

Message 5 of 16

I wish it had some type of date parameters. It kept trying to feature old reviews from when we had a brick and mortar so I had a disable it. Very disappointing!

Message 6 of 16
Beta Member

@SeasideStonesME thanks for the feedback. 

Our automatic review showcase selects the best reviews based on the wordings. You're right that it doesn't take into account the date because we found some of the old reviews that were very well written and worthy to be selected. I am guessing it's never too late to thank a customer 🙂

Having said that, this is a simple change and I have lodged a request for the team to add. If you check back in two weeks from now, the date param should be available.

In the mean time, for those who want to pick and choose rather than using the automatic showcase, you can manually select a review of your choice and click one button to schedule it, like below.

screencast 2024-02-21 10-31-25.gif

Message 7 of 16

😀Sounds interesting. Just getting started, so I'm still in the steep learning curve of setting my website up. 

Message 8 of 16
Beta Member

@GlenB it could feel like a lot to get started but hopefully you find your ways around Square soon. Square is quite intuitive IMO, and the community is super helpful.

Message 9 of 16

Thank you tam-rvc, that is very encouraging!

Message 10 of 16
Beta Member

How do I turn on the Negative Review shield? Also can the Review Invite message be edited?

Message 11 of 16
Beta Member

Hi @dokidoki - negative review shield is turned on by default so you should be all set.

And yes, you can edit the review invite message by going to Setting > Edit Review Request Template, as below. We provide the default message below out of the box but please feel free to change as needed.

Screen Shot 2024-02-27 at 7.55.50 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-27 at 8.00.24 pm.png

 * Note that we automatically populate your name (Minh in this example) and your business (ABT Spark in this example) based on information on your Google Business Profile. You can still however edit these if you want to use a different names.

Message 12 of 16

@tam-rvc I just tried the automated blogging feature and it's a huge time saver. I couldn't find an option to publish the blog on my website. Is there anything I might have missed ?

Message 13 of 16
Super Seller

I’ve been using amazed for a few months and it’s been working great.  I do have one question.  Is there a way to take our address out of the review when posted to social media? We are a mobile business so we have no brick & motor store.  

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 14 of 16
Beta Member

Hi @rtfulk - thanks for the feedback. I just shared this with the team regarding the address removal. It should be a simple change. Will ping you once we release the update.

Message 15 of 16
Super Seller

Thank you

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 16 of 16