x
Beta Member

Looking for Feedback on a Marketing Program

MMBracketGraphicFinalNEW WITH SCOREs.png

I operate a specialty candy store and we just launched a fun marketing campaign called Munch Madness. Similar to the other tournament that happens in March, it's a bracket-style, single elimination tournament where 16 of our most popular candies will go head to head in a weekly sales off. Whichever item sells more each week advances to the next round until a 'chomp-ion' is crowned. We've invited anyone interested to fill out a free online bracket with their predictions and will award prizes to the highest scoring brackets including a $10K grand prize if anyone submits a perfect bracket.

More details, bracket submission links and a "selection show" parody video we created to announce the campaign can be found here: www.trythesweetspot.com/munchmadness.

Question: We've seen strong feedback so far & our existing + many new prospective customers across the country have had a lot of fun with it. I'd like to explore building the program into a plug & play program that any applicable retailer can run on their own. Would you be interested in something like that and if so, how would you expect payment to work (e.g. monthly subscription, fee per entry, etc?). 

Thank you in advance for your feedback and brackets will remain open until 3/17 so if you're into candy, take a minute and fill out a bracket! You just might get lucky and win $10K! -Dylan

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @dylrich20 - Thanks for sharing this with us here in the Seller Community. How exciting! It looks like this took some effort 👏

In order to help you get some feedback from experienced Square Sellers, I'm tagging in some of our Super Sellers who use Square Marketing and Loyalty to share their thoughts 🙂 @GourmetOnWheels @TCSlaguna @phillipsrw @jjgard 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Thank you so much, Violet! I may end up building it out for my own use as I plan to make this an annual event but if there are others interested in executing something similar, I'll certainly take that into account when designing/developing. I very much appreciate it! 

Message 3 of 9
Square Community Moderator

You're welcome! ❤️

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9
Admin

Just came here to say this program looks so cool!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

i appreciate that max! it's been a lot of fun so far. few more weeks of open bracket submissions then the real fun will begin!

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

This is an amazing idea. The great feedback you're getting is well-deserved. Fantastic work!

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Very much appreciate that @hive23! Thank you so much!

Message 8 of 9
Square Champion

This is a fabulous idea.  Congrats on such great responses. 

Jacqueline Mull
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Owner of Uniquely U Anime

Message 9 of 9