x

Marketing email - Reached Free Trial Limit

Hi.

I am trying to send out a new email to online customers.

I am able to create the template & get it ready to send.

However when I attempt to send, I get a popup from Weebly:

"Reached Free Trial Limit
You have used your Free email credits.
Click upgrade to send this email and more!"

Weebly is asking for monthly subscription payment in order to continue with marketing emails.

I did not realise there was a limit on the number of email sent as part of the Square provided service.

Neither the Square nor Weebly site indicate that the free hosting has an email limit.

Is this an aberration or are we no longer able to use the Square/Weebly marketing facility?

Many thanks for your help, Peter.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @BodyHarmony,

Thanks for reaching out.

The marketing features of Square Online fall under a different service run by Weebly called Weebly Promote. This is actually a separate service to Square Online, though the free trial version is usable from any Square Online account. So when you're being asked to upgrade there, it's not to upgrade your Square Online plan -  when you click through the links here it should take you to the Weebly Promote plans.

Sorry for the confusion here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I think this should be made VERY clear in the Square pricing, as it may lead to incorrect business decisions...

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @justjaneceramic,

Thanks for the feedback!

You can read more on Square Online pricing here, though please let me know if you've seen anything online that may cause confusion on marketing features - I can always follow up if this is the case 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 6

@Seamus thanks for the prompt reply - please find my feedback below.

1: In the online pricing there is no mention of the marketing email or marketing related features (features included/excluded in each plan are listed at a very high level).

2: I cannot find in the pricing page mention that marketing features of Square Online fall under a different service run by Weebly called Weebly Promote and require additional payment.

3: While for other features it's clear that an upgrade is required (e.g. "Automated", see screenshot below), for the "Emails" there is no warning that an upgrade is required. I noticed just now something in the "Overview" page - it would be good to include also in the "Email" page.

AUTOMATED - Upgrade required message is displayed - GOOD

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.23.33 am.png

EMAIL - No upgrade required message is displayed - WARNING IS MISSING

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.23.26 am.png

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Thanks for the feedback @justjaneceramic!

I think the reason we make no mention of marketing features in the Square Online pricing plans is precisely because they're not included as a feature of any Square Online plans. The additional marketing suite is there if you want to pay for the additional tool, but it's not part of the core product, sort of similar to 3rd party integrations but it's made in-house.

Square also has additional options like this that can add on to give you more functionality in an existing Square account / the Square POS - eg Team Management, Appointments, Loyalty etc.

I appreciate that this can be confusing though, and I'll pass this feedback on to our eCommerce team. Thanks for taking the time to highlight how this appears in different sections of the Square Online overview!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6