x

Order notification emails

Hi, is there a way we can have only order email notifications instead of all transactions? When we are busy we have to sift through all the emails to make sure we have not missed an order. Nearly missed one last night!

Message 1 of 21
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @VoilaPatisserie,

You can tweak your email notification settings in your Square Dashboard, so that you're only notified of activity that you're interested in! Check out this Support Centre article, which will help step you through how to enable and disable these notifications.

Thanks again for getting in touch!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 21
Admin

Best Answer

@Superbaba,

Apologies for the confusion here!

There's currently no way to turn off incoming order emails for orders placed on Square online, which are managed separately from the Square account notifications Callum has linked you to there.

If you don't want to see order confirmation emails coming from your Online Store in you'd need to set up email filters for this.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @VoilaPatisserie,

You can tweak your email notification settings in your Square Dashboard, so that you're only notified of activity that you're interested in! Check out this Support Centre article, which will help step you through how to enable and disable these notifications.

Thanks again for getting in touch!

Message 2 of 21

Hi Chris, so are you saying if I untick notification for every payment I will be notified if any orders come in? It isn't clear. I just want notifications for online orders. I did this originally and no notifications were sent? I have made email rules in my email preferences. Thanks for your reply ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 21
Beta Member

I wanted to turn all of them off completely. but even when i set them all un-ticked. I still get an email of every order that is placed through our online store. is there another setting i need to turn off?

Message 4 of 21
Admin

Best Answer

@Superbaba,

Apologies for the confusion here!

There's currently no way to turn off incoming order emails for orders placed on Square online, which are managed separately from the Square account notifications Callum has linked you to there.

If you don't want to see order confirmation emails coming from your Online Store in you'd need to set up email filters for this.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 21
Beta Member

Are you serious??? 

I'll report them as spam.

Message 6 of 21

Hi

For about 2 weeks now, we no longer receive emails with orders placed on our Online store. Tried to find the settings to enable them, if there is such a setting. We only get the emails advising us of the payment but not the email with the actual order. Can you help? Thanks, Beat

Message 7 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @swiss_goodies I have revised your email settings for Order notifications internally and everything looks good. I would suggest checking on your spam folder or reaching out to your email provider to ask if they are filtering our emails out of your inbox.

If you still need help then I would suggest reaching out to our support team so they can look closer into this and escalate if needed. You can give us a call at 1800 760 137 Mon-Fri, between 9am and 5pm (Melbourne time).

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 21

Hi JJ

Just checked the email filter with my email service provider and can't see any reason there for the mails to be not delivered, i.e. the order notification emails that we didn't receive couldn't be located there either. Will get in touch with your support team as suggested during the week.

Thanks for your help.

Beat

Message 9 of 21

I have turned on the transactional emails, but it is also notifying me of all the store transactions also.  I just want the online order notification.  Can't find how to fix this!

Message 10 of 21
Alumni

At this time, Online order notifications cannot be be isolated and received separate from transactions notifications. 

I suggest creating an inbox filter that sifts the unwanted notifications from the online order ones. 

@JTE

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 11 of 21
Beta Member

This needs to be an option - this is flooding my inbox. 

I'm going to mark them as spam until square can figure out a way to stop sending them. 

Message 12 of 21

How do I stop all emails? My designer set them up, but that was before we realised we couldn't set up different emails for different digital products. Note people are getting emails with the wrong information and I just want to stop them going out at all!!! Why can't I just delete it?!?!

Message 13 of 21
Super Seller

Hi @Samkerridge,

Square has a couple of different area's for email notifications.

First is General Daily notifications.

Square Dashboard > Accounts and Settings > Email Notifications 

Here you can adjust any of the General Daily or Transactions email notifications

Second is online order notifications

Square Dashboard > Online Order > Shared Settings >Notifications

Here you can turn on or off the online order emails. (This is only new so may help others in this thread)

Also if you are looking for the cash drawer report email, this is actually set up in the Point of Sale app 

POS > Settings > Cash Management > Auto email report 

You can set up an email address to send your daily sales to. This is done on a per register basis.

Hope this helps.

Take Care

Chris

Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Message 14 of 21

Hi, thanks for the response.

Unfortunately though what I want to stop is sending any emails to customers. We set up a site with digital products as we are a training company and need people to follow a hyperlink to the course they enroll in, so each product needs a different email, which isn't possible with the square system. So, my designer set up an email, but now it it sending incorrect information and confusing everyone. I need to do that, OR, set up a different email for each product. 

I need all or nothing, not one for all.

Why is that not possible???!!!!

Message 15 of 21

Hi @Samkerridge,

Thanks for getting in touch!

At this time, Square Online emails can't be edited to send out a different confirmation message for different products. However, this is a feature request we're tracking at the moment. You can edit your emails and remove the incorrect information currently displayed. Here's how:

1. From your Square Online dashboard, go to Communications > Email & Text Alerts.

2. In the Email Previews section under the email type in the list, select "..." > Edit Email.

We'll let you know about any updates regarding this feature request! 

Message 16 of 21

I DON'T WANT ANY EMAILS!!!! What part of no emails do people not understand?! I do not want to send out emails, how do I turn them off? How many ways do I have to say the same thing? No emails to customers. How??

Message 17 of 21
Super Seller

Hi Mate,

As @Arie mentioned, currently the online system is not able to switch the customer confirmation email off but a feature that may be implemented in the future.

As Arie has mentioned maybe a good solution for now is to customise the current confirmation email to mention that this is confirmation of purchase and then explain what the next steps will be for your customers to clearly understand what is going to happen.

These are just suggestions, and we are all trying to help.

Have a great day.

Message 18 of 21

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding @Samkerridge. Currently, there's no way to stop order confirmation emails going out, as they act as a receipt for your customers. I'll pass on your feedback to our team, and will keep you in the loop with any updates. 

Message 19 of 21

Square Dashboard > Online Order > Shared Settings >Notifications

Here you can turn on or off the online order emails. (This is only new so may help others in this thread)

I am unable to find online ordering tab to move to shared settings then to notifications. I would like to be notified when a order comes through from online. 

Message 20 of 21

Hi @Mel9 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Do you have the Square Point of Sale app? You can enable push notifications for orders by tapping More > Settings > Orders > Order notifications. Turn on allow new order notifications from here. 

Message 21 of 21