x

Can I open an account in Mexico?

We already use the Square but would also like to be able to use it in Mexico.

Can we open a new account and link our Mexican bank account to receive payment from Mexicans using their credit cards so we charge them in pesos? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hi @BHC,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Square's online community 🙂

At the moment Square doesn't provide credit card processing facilities in Mexico, and your US account is authorised to take credit card payments in the USA only. Because every country has different laws and regulations surrounding who can process a credit card payment in that country and what conditions need to be met to do this, we're not currently able to provide cross-border card processing facilities.

I'd be happy to pass your feedback on to our product development team though so they're aware of the demand for payments in Mexico! You can also still use Square's Point of Sale app to track transactions your business makes in Mexico.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 13

I want to pass credit card payments on square with my cellphone for a fundraiser we hold in Los Cabos.  Will USA credit cards be accepted?

Message 3 of 13

YES WE NEED SQUARE POS IN MEXICO! Can I have square pos payments cash only? I love it and I'm moving my business from US to Mexico. 

Message 4 of 13

If you have a US Bank Account and registered a US account with Square, you can use your Square Reader anywhere in the world (with a minor iPhone tweak that is). So technically it is possible, but it might violate the user agreement...

Message 5 of 13

How do you tweek the iPhone or iPad?

Message 6 of 13

See my post here... https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Troubleshooting/What-does-the-quot-Invalid-location-quot-error-me...

probably not in line with user agreement, but technically possible. 

Message 7 of 13

What minor tweaks? 

Message 8 of 13

On a phone or tablet the location is provided by the physical location of the device (location sharing settings / GPS / Wifi), not by IP address which can be changed by using a VPN. You can change the "physical location" on Apple products by installing XCode, simulate a location and unplugging the cable. That results in the device using that location until it is restarted... That is the tweak.

But not everyone is into that. So for those individuals, download AnyGo, no tweaking required.

https://itoolab.com/ad/google/anygo/

Message 9 of 13
Admin

@MissJess @Donald_M This would certainly be a violation of our terms of service and accounts found to be in breach of the terms of service would be deactivated.

You'll need to find a local payment processor that operates within the country your business is based in!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 13

I agree with you it is against policy, but I was just replying to a question. As I mentioned in my other posts regarding this, the location spoof - although easy and undetectable - will trigger other issues. Most customers carry a cellphone with a bank app that uses location sharing. If the app detects location A for the cellphone and location B where the card is scanned it will trigger a fraud alert and most likely block the card.

If you are in an unsupported country send an invoice or do a manual entry.

Don’t go for spoofing the location, in the end it will bite you in da a$$. 

Message 11 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your interest in Square @lefrenchrooster. At this time you may open a Square Account in Mexico exclusively for reporting purposes. Product, services, and application availability will be limited. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 12 of 13

Thanks ! Well I will be waiting for it to be available in Mexico .

We haven’t open our new shop here , it’s been helpful to help my business in LA with inventory as I can open app here .

I really enjoyed it as I had my orders online and everything, it helped us throw pandemic; but now I need to look for a new POS , maybe Parrot is closer to Square, we will open next year: so maybe I’ll be lucky.

IF it’s available in Mexico EVER Please let me know . It’ll be a dream x 

Message 13 of 13