x

Device not supported - Android

Hi

I've been using my Square reader with my Samsung Galaxy S8 for several months if not years but today, all of a sudden, I get the message the Device Not Supported error. As I say I have been using the reader on my phone for well over a year but now it decides its not supported!

I have updated the app (as suggested in Help) and tried repairing.

I have tried resetting the reader (4 red lights) and then repairing in the app (4 orange lights) but I always get the same message.

Can anyone help as I think as this is severely affecting my business right now and I'm not terribly happy with the level of support.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Not working on Ulefone power armor 14 pro either. Running latest Android with all security patches.

Message 22 of 26

We are experiencing this problem in 3 locations, where the equipment is only used for work purposes. As a result, no changes are being made to the devices. We even have a test team that we only manipulate to demonstrate that we are facing this problem.
What configuration or code change could be causing this blockage? We are concerned that this situation may spread to all of our locations.

EVIDENCE:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LYWzOuBBN_EJEFInzPruO9sU0S3-v1xo

DEVICE::

ZEBRA TC26

ANDROID 10

readerSdkVersion = "1.7.4"

Message 23 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hello @RAISERALEX21 

Not every device will be compatible with our hardware. We recommend starting with some device and app troubleshooting.

Device compatibility will play a huge factor here in the next steps we take here. You can confirm device compatibility prior to purchasing hardware by looking for your device here. - if the device is not listed here, that means we haven't tested it, and cannot guarantee compatibility (even if it worked in the past.) 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 26

But due to the type of work we cover, we use special equipment (ZEBRA TC26), and at this point, we can't stop using Zebra. Can you help us solve the problem, or who can we direct this issue to find a solution?... Or do you have any other recommendation that can help us?

Message 25 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @RAISERALEX21 👋, I'm just stepping in here while @JJ_ is out of the office!

Unfortunately, we cannot offer any workarounds for devices that aren't currently listed as compatible devices with Square. The Android device may meet all the requirements for compatibility but still not communicate properly with the Square hardware or the Square apps. In this case, your Zebra device would fall into this category.

The only way to resolve this is to purchase a compatible device. If this is not an option, you can return any purchased Square hardware within 30 days of the purchase date.

We understand that this may not be the response you were expecting, and we apologize for any disappointment. However, we want to be transparent about the limitations of what we can do in these situations.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 26