x

Improving CSV for item uploads

Uploading items by importing a CSV or Excel document works well but I'm surprised by the limited fields available.

As postage is by weight, I have to go into each individual item and add it's weight. So time consuming. Surely this would be easier if a field for item weight was available in the imported/exported spreadsheet? And a field for item cost would be useful to see what profit each sale has made. Why is that not included?

I've emailed support who sent the reply pasted below. What do other people think? Should these features be added?

Thanks for reading

The support reply-

Unfortunately, we don’t have a feature to customize the CSV template for Square Online (even the premium versions); however, I will take note of your feedback and pass it along to our product team.

Feel free to visit our Seller Community to share your suggestion for other sellers like you to vote on.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let me know if you have other questions.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @MusicandLove,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community!

No doubt that this feature would be handy for your situation and probably other sellers as well. While we can't make any guarantees as to if or when new features may appear, we do track feature requests and pass on feedback from both our support channels (email and phone) as well as this Seller Community forum.

You can read a little more about feature requests in this post.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2