x
Beta Member

Messaging Customers in Square Dashboard

Hello all, I am very sure I was able to send my customers messages from the square dashborad (email and SMS) even if their name shows "Unknown". has anything changed recently? I keep getting this error in the right hand side bar. No field to type in a message at the bottom.

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @sharp11

You're correct, Square Messages are available to be sent through your Dashboard. 

If you're still seeing this issue, check out these troubleshooting steps to get your Dashboard back to normal. If that doesn't do the trick, please let me know. 

I am happy to circle back! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

@Kassi_ thanks for your reply.

I tried the troubleshooting steps (use different browser, clear cache, etc), and the issue still persists. One thing I noticed is I can message the users who have email addresses in their info, and the contacts I have messaged before (regardless of email address). This may give you a clue.

Message 3 of 8

Ah okay. Thank you for giving those a try, @sharp11

Could you give me some more information on your "unknown" customers you're trying to send messages to? Are they in your Customer Directory? Are they new customers? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply๐Ÿ‘€

Kassi
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

@Kassi_ my understanding is every time I use Square reader to collect payments, if the payer has previously used square payments, one new contact is created in my directory. Depending on my subscription plan and customer's consent, some contact info (name, email, phone number) may be visible to me or not. In majority of the instances the customer's info is not available to me, and they appear as "unknown". However, this does not mean I can't send them square messages (or used to at least). Square would send my message to them via the email address that's not available to me. Does this make sense?

Message 5 of 8

Yes, this makes sense @sharp11

With these unknown customers, have you contacted them before? Or would this be the first time you're reaching out to them? 

Kassi
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

not sure if my last message came through:
yes, I have done this many many times before. Up until about three weeks ago.

Message 7 of 8

Ah okay, @sharp11.

If that is the case, I am going to recommend reaching out to our CS Team to dig a little further into this. 

You can use this number: 1-855-700-6000. They are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm CST. 

Kassi
Message 8 of 8