x

Redeeming eGift Card online

Someone bought an eGift Card and gave it to her sister. The sister tried to use it in the online store and wasn't able to redeem it. I think there are two problems. 1 - The sister, Jill, wasn't set up as a Customer in Square. 2 - the purchaser of the eGift Card, Jessica, did not enter Jill's email address or phone number as the recipient of the eGift Card.

What do I need to do to get this set up so the Jill can user the eGift Card at check-out in my online store?

I have added her as a customer. Is there a way to tie the eGift Card to her Customer profile.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey  @pagodahill!! Thanks for posting ๐Ÿ™‚

eGift cards cannot be purchased without adding a recipient. Did Jill enter her own email or phone number?

Nonetheless, it shouldn't matter who the gift card was sent to or if Jill wasn't created as a customer with Square. What happens exactly when the 16 digit card number is entered at checkout? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Justin,

thanks for your reply! Jessica entered her own name and email address.

When Jill tries to redeem it at checkout it says โ€œCoupon not foundโ€.

Vanessa

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @pagodahill,

It looks like the person who purchased the gift card may need to get in touch with the merchant to confirm that the number is correct and that the gift card definitely still has credit remaining.

Gift Cards will also need to be used at the same business it was purchased at - the person who has the card now is definitely trying to use it at the same seller?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4