x
Beta Member

Update Order Fulfillment Method After Purchase (Pickup, Delivery, Shipping)

Hi. My company makes and sells a food product. We deliver and offer pickup for local folks, and ship to those who are further away. Is it possible to update the fulfillment method (shipping, delivery, pickup, etc.) for a customer's order after it has been placed? I need to change the fulfillment method for an order that was already placed from Pickup to Delivery, but I don't see an option for doing that. I also foresee potentially needing to change a pickup to shipping, if someone selects pickup by mistake. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @LouisesGranola,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There's no way to change fulfillment method once an order has been placed, however you're free to make arrangements outside of Square to help fulfill the customer's needs. If you need to take any extra payments (eg devliery fees) you can do so via the Square app or the Virtual Terminal on your dashboard.

The other solution would be to cancel/refund the order and have the customer place it again - though this may not be the most convenient option, it's the other workaround I can suggest here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @LouisesGranola,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There's no way to change fulfillment method once an order has been placed, however you're free to make arrangements outside of Square to help fulfill the customer's needs. If you need to take any extra payments (eg devliery fees) you can do so via the Square app or the Virtual Terminal on your dashboard.

The other solution would be to cancel/refund the order and have the customer place it again - though this may not be the most convenient option, it's the other workaround I can suggest here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2