x

Verify a refund

How do I verify that a refund is being processed for a client?  I went through the steps to issue a refund, but I don't see anything that indicates that it's in the process?  I checked the original invoice and their record and I only see the original invoice.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @TransitionsS, I'll be happy to help!

The best way to check on a refund's progress is actually from the Transactions tab on your Square Dashboard. If you know the last four digits of the card or the original payment date, you can search for the particular payment that way. 

If the refund has been requested and is being processed by our system, you'll a note that say Pending Refund at the top of the page. Refunds can take 2 to 7 working days for Square to complete processing. You can read more about our refunds timeline in our Support Centre

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 12.49.28.png

Once Square completed processing the refund, you'll get an email notification from us as well. At this point, the Pending Refund status will disappear from the transaction. This mean the amount has been sent back to the customer's bank and, depending on the speed of their banks, it can take 1-3 working days for the amount to appear in their account.

I hope this helps!

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2