x

How do I edit the header/title image on the search results page?

My website theme is probably no longer supported, but I just noticed today that when I used the search bar function on my website, the results page has no header image behind my site title and navigation tabs - which all have WHITE text (because they're designed to show over images). Which means that the navigation bar and site title are invisble on the white background of the search results page. If you mouse over the nav tabs with sub-pages, the drop down menu shows up, but that's it.

I have no idea how to change this as the search results page is apparently un-editable and I can't find it in pages. Any suggestions? 

My footer is still visible. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Which site are you seeing that with, @sewassbe? Changing to a newer theme will likely resolve it, but maybe one of our Community members will have an idea if they look at the website.

Message 7 of 6

Hi Adam - thanks for your quick response. I'd prefer not to change my theme, but I don't remember the name of it. You can see it here: www.thefoodhistorian.com. 

Message 7 of 6
Square

Try this:

Edit your header image on the home page, and then click the drop-down arrow on the top right while editing the image, and select the save to pages option. I think the search page is listed in the list of pages - that should save the image to the home page and to your search page. You could do this with a different page as well if there's a different image you want to use, or even add a new hidden page and use a new image with that.

Message 7 of 6

It worked Adam, thank you!

I just gave it the same header as my home page, but if I wanted to I could probably update a page AND the search bar, and then update the other page without updating the search bar. But having the same image as the home page is just find by me.

Thanks for the fix!

Message 7 of 6
Square

Thanks for letting us know! Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 6