x

Can we add an additional email address to the customers profile?

I have many clients who want to receive the receipt when I run their credit card that I have on file for my business, but they also want the receipt to go to their executive assistant. Is there a way that I can add an additional email to the customers profile without having to issue a new receipt and add another email address manually every time?

I’ve seen request for this from four years ago wondering if Square listens to their customer base and has resolved this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @Edryan111 !

I don't believe there is a way to have multiple emails for regular transactions via the point of sale unfortunately.

However, I do know of a workaround: invoices.

If you want Square to hang on to the secondary email for you, pull up your client's customer information from the directory, add a new note with that secondary email address. When it's time to cash your client out, first pull up the client by More -> Customers. Scroll down to that secondary email note, edit, and highlight and copy it. Also add your client to the sale as usual via the Add Customer link at the top of the "tape" on the right side of the screen (or directly from the Customer Profile by tapping the three dots next to their name then New Sale)

Ring up your client as usual, then on the checkout screen, instead of Card on File, choose Invoices. On the next screen, tap the Add Additional Recipients link and paste in that secondary email. Scroll down to Payment Method and choose their card on file to complete the order. Your client and the assistant will then receive that payment information.

If you already have the secondary email written down, you can skip right to the ringing up part and manually type in the email in the Additional Recipients section.

Yes, this is definitely a workaround, and I would agree that multiple email accounts should be supported via the point of sale. I'd recommend heading over to the Ideate section of the community and filing a feature request.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2