x

Has the cost For annual registration gone up significantly

Just got notification that my annual fee will be $34. This is up from $20 last year. Is this accurate?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hi @JulieSwienty.  Which Square subscription has your fee gone up for?  I can’t tell from your post.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 6

Website domain

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks,

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Thank you.  So, yes, there were price increases this year to Square Annual and Monthly subscriptions to Online.  This was announced a few months ago here and in emails.  One tier was removed and most users of that tier were moved to the next one up since it had all of the functionality of the removed tier.

It’s possible that you could downgrade your subscription if you don’t need ANY of the functionality of the tier you’re currently enrolled in. Here’s a link to the side-by-side comparisons of the two paid plans that are available now.  If you need NOTHING in either, it’s possible you can use the free tier, but I’m wouldn’t bet on that.  Most likely you’ll need the Plus subscription, which is $29/month billed annually, or $32/month on a month-to-month basis.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 6

I’ve tried twice to access the link but there are no comparisons or even descriptions of tiers. 

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

My apologies.  That link was my dashboard page for upgrading MY account, which you can’t access.  Here’s a link to the actual Square Help Document.

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 6 of 6