x
Beta Member

How do I get commissions refunded when we issue a service in which a Employee has performed?

How do I get commissions refunded when we issue a service in which a Employee has performed?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @KarinCoSalon.  If you refund/return a transaction on which you paid a commission, it is up to you to review that transaction and manually adjust the affected employee’s future check.  Square does not automatically do this since not all seller’s claw these funds back from their employees in the case of a return.

It’s possible that Square might consider giving us the option to do this automatically in payroll runs.  However, this would be a feature request that you would submit to the Payroll team on the Ideate Board.  

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @KarinCoSalon.  If you refund/return a transaction on which you paid a commission, it is up to you to review that transaction and manually adjust the affected employee’s future check.  Square does not automatically do this since not all seller’s claw these funds back from their employees in the case of a return.

It’s possible that Square might consider giving us the option to do this automatically in payroll runs.  However, this would be a feature request that you would submit to the Payroll team on the Ideate Board.  

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2