x
Beta Member

My customer director is being limited to 1055 no matter what I do, do anyone know why?

Hello, I recently tried to send out out a marketing text message and once i got to the "select audience" section it said I only had 1055 subscribed customers. I know I have over 1055 and would like to know how I can reach all of my customers? I've had my team go through the list of customers and add them to sms marketing but the count still doesn't go above 1055 in the "select audience" section. It's frustrating as a small business that I can't reach all of my customers in my directory. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hey @bodegaprovision.  Your customer directory is not being limited to 1055.  You have only 1055 customers eligible to receive SMS marketing texts right now.  I don’t know how you think you “had my team go through the list of customers and add them to sms marketing” but that is not something you can do.  Customers must add themselves to SMS marketing to opt-in according to federal regulations.

Square has given us tools from our dashboard > Marketing > Contact Collection where we can add a webpage for customers to opt in to SMS marketing, as well as where we can print signage and QR codes as well.  All of these methods comply with federal regulations and are the only possible way to add customers to your reachable SMS marketing list.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  Also, I’d be curious how you think your team added customers to your SMS marketing.  You probably did something unexpected there, and it would help to know what they did in case it causes you problems down the road.

Best,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2