x
Beta Member

Chargeback

Tap and go is the most risk for merchants and offer's no protection to merchants from fraud. 

My experience is not alone I had a customer who purchased $1239.45 sale used tap and go   a week later yes the bank hit me with a charge back, after customer said was never in my store the bank told me I manually magically entered the 26 digit number which was fraud on my behalf. 

When I questioned it the eftpos processing company tell me that phone tap is encrypted making it impossible to know who the number belongs to.

So if the phone was stolen or even a company phone with several users we have no way of knowing if the customer is genuine,  So I say again tap and go only protects the phone user, its about time that merchants who put through billions of dollars of sales world wide get some sort of recall and support. 

All these payment systems ate geared for  quick  sale but offer no protection for Merchants. 

My suggestion for tap and go is simple customer should still enter there pin, atleast that way there is some kind of secutity. 

my name is Ed from ampro skates .

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0